Bumble Bee Statue.

Main Street, Falher, Canada

Bumble Bee Statue. Falher Reviews

planxty planxty
Go and see the Honey Bee. Mar 07, 2017
Falher was just another lovely little town we visited on our 2016 road trip and it boasts yet another "biggest" which Alberta seems to excel at, in this case the biggest honeybee in the world allegedly. Frankly, I cannot think of one bigger anywhere else unless any reader of my meagre pages can enlighten me to the contrary. I have now seen the biggest oil lamp, the biggest pysanka (Ukrainian Easter egg), the biggest beaver and lots more.

It is a simply huge structure sitting atop a large "flagpole" and appears to be made of metal and possibly GRP or something similarly durable. It reflects the town's claim to be the Honey Capital of Canada and is one of so many such edifices I have seen on my travels round that wonderful Province. The local area once produced a staggering 10 million pounds of honey annually so perhaps it is not such a wild claim.

Like all of these quirky things, it is worth a quick detour off the main highway (it is not far) just for a quick photo of this even if there is not a lot else to do in town.

As for directions on this tip, forget it. You simply cannot miss this gargantuan insect as it stands nearly 23 feet high and is seven feet in diameter. I really would not want it to sting me!
planxty says:
Adam's pun was a damn sight sharper than my review (still difficulty not calling them tips).

Honestly, you have seen nothing until you have seen the biggest Ukrainian suagage in the world (down South towards Calgary), that really is something to behold and the tip on the gint beaver is coming up shortly. The oil lamp was not quite so impressive but it does light up.
Posted on: Mar 08, 2017
Toonsarah says:
Love it - and Adam's pun lol
Posted on: Mar 08, 2017
planxty says:
Ouch.

They do have some of the oddest things in Alberta.
Posted on: Mar 07, 2017