Bulstrode Pub

www.bulstrodepub.com/index.php - +44 (0) 208 572 7845

Bulstrode Pub Hounslow Reviews

DAO DAO
Sports Pub Near Heathrow Feb 09, 2017
I stayed overnight at the nearby and fabulous Continental Hotel . I wanted to watch an English Football (soccer) match on TV and drink some beers. The Continental recommend that I walk over to the Bulstrode. When I arrived the place was packed and there were a lot of folks watching one of their many large TV screens. I found a table and ordered a beer. Then I noticed the food at the nearby tables both looked and smelled quite nice. After my second tasty beer I ordered a mixed starter. My plate arrived with a wooden box full of cutlery and sauces. I had garlic bread, large chips, chicken strips and onion rings. Pub Grub, but very tasty Pub Grub. This pub does it all right. They do have healthy menu options as well.

Main meals options include meat pies, steaks, chicken dishes and of course, fish and chips. They also do a full English Breakfast, even during the day. The bar has a full range of draft beers, hand-pulled traditional ales, wine and spirits. The staff are friendly and stay busy so you never have to wait long at the bar.

I enjoyed my sporty afternoon here. A proper modern pub.

History lesson:

The Pub is named after the local Bulstrode family. They lived in the area in the 15th century and claimed royal descent from royal families all over Europe. There is a legend that their name came from events right after the Norman Conquest in 1066. The story goes that William the Conqueror sent his men out to disposes some other the richer inhabitants of their large estates – in favour of his own supporters. When they reached the lands of a local family, several of the sons rode bulls and scared away William’s men. William was fascinated and not only let them keep their lands, but gave them the name Bulstrode. It’s a good story not backed up with evidence. The family did own Hounslow hall and a lot of land. They were closely associated with royal families for several hundred years and were very much Royalists during the English Civil War.

Check Hounslow Hotel Deals