BullChan Bar

BullChan Bar - with Etsuko Mita in Nakano Japan

BullChan Bar Nakano Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
A fun bar whether your a wrestling fan or not Jun 01, 2014
Pro-Wrestling was one of the reasons why I became such a fan of Japan in the first place. When I found out that legendary Japanese wrestler Bull Nakano owned a bar just outside of Tokyo I just had to visit.

The bar is a 30 minute train ride from Tokyo Station. When you arrive at Nakano Station it is a 2 minute walk to the bar. It isn't difficult to find if you google search the location beforehand.

If you are a wrestling fan then you can check the bar's website as different wrestlers work on different days. Upon arrival I was greeted by the woman herself, Bull Nakano. I told her how big of a fan I was of hers and she was very humble. Bull speaks good English as she lived in Florida for a while so conversation was easy.

I ordered a drink and some food and was served by another former wrestling great, Toshiyo Yamada.

The bar itself could easily be a mini wrestling museum. The counter of the bar is lined with memorabilia including all of Bull's belts that she won, a few sets of nunchucks and some awards. Aswell as this, there is a plasma Tv on the wall playing all of the old Japanese wrestling matches. As a wrestling fan this was like a dream come true.

When you leave the bar there is a cardboard cutout of Bull that you can stick your head through and have a fun photo of.

I had such a nice time here that I went back 2 more times, meeting more wrestlers and locals each time.

Bull Nakano herself could not have been any nicer. It's so great when you meet people your a fan of and have seen on tv for years and they turn out to be even cooler in person.
with Bull Nakano, Japan
with Toshiyo Yamada in Nakano Japan
with Etsuko Mita in Nakano Japan
with Non in Nakano, Japan
joseph98 says:
Agreed - Bull Nakano and Alundra Blayze had an awesome rivalry and could mix it up as well as any of the male wrestlers. These days, it's all catty slaps and hair pulling :-(
anewchapter says:
Thanks for the comment, Joseph. Yes, you'd definitely be converted. These women were tough and powerful and had great matches, not like the "divas" of today.
joseph98 says:
Nice review David. I know squat about Pro Japan Wrestling, only WWF/E (and WCW to a lesser extent), so only know Bull Nakano of all the names you mention here. But I'm sure if I went to this bar I'd be suitably converted :D

Check Nakano Hotel Deals