Bull and Castle Pub

Dublin, Ireland

Bull and Castle Pub Dublin Reviews

Johnb42 Johnb42
Dec 05, 2007
Last night I went and checked out the bull and castle pub just around the corner from the hostel. I was at first apprehensive because it was pretty quiet, but that all changed several hours later as the pub began to fill up with lots of international travelers from places like France,Spain, The United States pretty from all over. The wait staff was even international one girl I talked to after ordering my food is from Washington DC in the States think the only two people actually Irish were the bartenders.I ordered chicken wings and chips(potato wedges) they were surprisingly excellent.I also had to sample the local Guiness and it's just as they say pretty darn good. The place was now beginning to get packed and busy so it gave me a chance to meet other people all in all it was a great night all around heck I even out drank a local Irishman who actually got cut off from drinking and we had the same amount and I was barely even feeling it I did learn that over here you SIP whiskey unlike in the States where you down it in a shot glass LOL as the bartender pointed out americans drink like Jesse James that gave me a good laugh, I had a great time at this pub so if your in the area at least hit it and have fun.
Bull&Castle Pub
Amanda says:
Sounds like you had a good time! You need to start a new blog for this trip, my friend...
Posted on: Dec 07, 2007