Bulkeley House

Bulkeley House - restaurant and hotel

Bulkeley House New London Reviews

mellemel8 mellemel8
Oct 01, 2007
we picked this restaurant on a whim. we were hungry. we walked in thru the patio. we had a choice between indoor or outdoor. we eat outdoors and we seated ourselves. we were the only ones dining outside. the service is good. our waitress is from albania. she was raised in italy. hence her italian accent.

we ordered calamari for an appetizer. the portions are huge. i like it when the tenticles are also added. i ordered a citrus pork snadwich. it was also a generous size. i could not even finish it. i was a good pound size. my bf ordered is favorite, veal parmesan. it too was a generous size. it was lightly breaded and about a size inch thick. it was moist and perfectly cooked. i could not take a picture cuz, my camera is being a pain in the butt.

my bf also ordered a beer called landshark. it was a lighter version on corona. i did not care for it. my bf liked it.

they is a good place to hang out in the summer. it was a bit nippy but, i was drinking hot tea to keep me warm.

DOWNTOWN. In a restaurant that started life as an early 18th-century tavern, diners are regaled with history, charm, and delicious food. In fact, the conviviality of past days seems much in evidence, and folks delight in the historic place's ambience and good nature. The menu runs strong with seafood, steaks, and pastas, so patrons know they're in store for hearty eating. Lamb chops are great, and so is lobster. Plus, a full bar promises a host of libations, and an outdoor deck even boasts views of the water.
citrus pork sandwich