Bukit Tabur, East Trail

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Bukit Tabur, East Trail Kuala Lumpur Reviews

dinsevilla dinsevil…
Bukit Tabur, East Trail May 23, 2013
So I Couchsurfed for the first time in KL. My host was an outdoor person and I was fortunate to be there on a weekend where she could organize a hike up to Bukit Tabur, East Trail.

Apparently there are several trails and the east trail is slightly challenging compared to the west trail. The former having steeper trails while the latter slightly gradual.

Like any other climb, I feel like giving up on the first half hour. The hike was steep and there is a part where you would have to grab on to some ropes to pull your way through boulders which at that time was slippery since it rained the night before.

About 80% on the way up, we stopped for a few minutes to appreciate a wonderful view over a lake topped with clouds. That essentially gave me a renewed sense of vigor to go further up. I can't even remember how long it took us to the summit, maybe a little over 1.5 hours with two or three breathers.

The way down was a walk in the park. While my co-hikers loved the climb, I loved the walk downhill.
dinsevilla says:
Thank you, Jen!
Posted on: May 24, 2013
trippin_jen says:
10 points to you for going out in this weather! :)
Posted on: May 23, 2013