Bukit Panorama (Panorama Hill)

Sungai Lembing, Malaysia

Bukit Panorama (Panorama Hill) Sungai Lembing Reviews

nourelainn nourelai…
Great place to watch Sunrise Mar 12, 2014
This hill is located quite far from Kuantan city center (approximately 1 hour drive). It is in Sungai Lembing, a famous tin mining area. However, it is worth the travel if you want to see the scenic sunrise view from top of the hill.

My friend and I departed early in the morning (530am) from Indera Mahkota. It took us 30 minutes to reach the area. The road is dark and quiet (since it's early morning), so if you are not brave to drive solo, do bring a friend. Or better, go in a group.

For Muslims, there is a local mosque (Masjid Jamek Sungai Lembing) at the roadside where you can perform Subuh prayer. You can see elderly Muslims going to the mosque to pray. From the mosque (on your right side), go straight the road until you see a left turn, with signboard to Bukit Panorama and SJK (C) Lembing. Take that turn and you will find a school to your right. Go straight and park your car at the parking. Take the stairs uphill.

We started hiking at 630am. It took us 25 minutes to reach the top. If you are an experienced hiker, you can do it faster I am sure ;) The way uphill is dark, so don't forget to bring a torchlight! (or use your phone's flashlight). Oh - and the stairs were quite steep! If you suffer from any medical problem (asthma especially), please be extra careful. Bring your inhaler! You have to have a strong stamina if you want to finish the hike :)

When my friend and I climbed the stairs, we were quite nervous because there were only two of us ladies who did the climbing. When we almost reached the top, luckily there was a family of five who made their way up too. We felt very relieved.

The hilltop view was beautiful! We watched the sun rise and took a number of photographs. If you use camera phone, I would suggest wearing a bright-coloured outfit to make your picture stands out against the dark background :)

We made our way downhill at 745am and get into the car at 805am. We felt very satisfied! We stopped by at a local eatery to have breakfast. There are quite a number of eateries down the hill, so feel free to have your food there. Food suggestion: Try Mee Jawa at a Malay eatery there, my friend suggested that to me strongly.

By this time of hour, you can see Chinese uncles and aunties around the places doing their daily activities. The sun is shining now :)

In conclusion, if you like hiking, or if you wanna try an adventure - do give this place a visit!

ps. Apart from the Hill, there are other attractions in Sungai Lembing such as Sungai Lembing Museum, Rainbow Waterfall, Tapis Mountain, Deer farm and Sungai Lembing Monument.
The mosque
The signboard. Take a left turn.
The entrance. Take those stairs up.
It's really really dark! =..=''
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
trippin_jen says:
Well done on being featured! Thanks for promoting this place and very informative indeed!
vulindlela says:
Congrats on your feature!

Check Sungai Lembing Hotel Deals