Seoul, South Korea
Bukhansan - 2 Mins away from the peak

Bukhansan Seoul Reviews

jqjq jqjq
Scaling Bukhansan Jul 26, 2011
Mt. Bukhansan is situated in the northern part of Seoul. Designated as a national park in 1983, the mountain is 78.45 km wide and has 6 districts and extends out into Gyeonggi-do. The name Bukhansan means "big mountain" in the north, and it is also called Mt. Samgaksan.

Mt. Bukhansan has such smooth curves that the large granite rocks sometimes look as if they would slide down the mountain. The sharp peaks provide contrast to the dozens of valleys and rivers flowing below. The mountain has many different kinds of peaks but its main peak is Baekunbong.

We got up at 4am and arrive at the park at 6am. We were lucky to met a korean hiker and kinda follow him the way up. Korean loves hiking. They would come fully geared up with the sticks hat and shoes. Basically the fully equipped. I recieved more than enough comments on my shoes (I was wearing a pair of croc! haha.. no shoes and no money for them and crocs gave me good grip) We did not see any foreigners there other than us where most of the time we are also being mistaken as locals. The hike up to the main peak took abt 2 and half hrs, we stopped quite a few time for hydration. It was easy to get lost, i felt as the signboards were in korean. It was mostly rocks we climbed on and towards the end there was only cables and we need all our strength to pull ourselves up the slope. We went on a sunny day and the view was magnificent! Had our breakfast, camwhore abit and made our way down. Another 2 and half hrs more. Totally shagged out but AWESOME FEELING.
The foot.
Hiking up
Almost there
The peak below

Related Travel Blogs About Bukhansan

Solo travelling is not for everyone.....
April 2009.   It’d had been 9 months since my whirlwind tour across Europe with only a short trip to Iceland (which was great) in-between. Needless to say my travel lust had once again been …Seoul you fucker) and later spent a day hiking up Bukhansan Mountain (more like hill really). This was all extremely…

Check Seoul Hotel Deals