Buffet Restaurant De Warrel

www.dewarrel.nl - 0593370334

Buffet Restaurant De Warrel Westerbork Reviews

pms70 pms70
Above average buffet dining in pleasant rural setting May 06, 2012
We had dinner here on a Wednesday evening and didn't think we would need reservations on a weekday. We did definitely not expect so many people in the restaurant! There was exactly one table for two left inside but we opted for one of the free tables outside as it was a nice evening. The restaurant is located just outside of the village of Westerbork in a rural setting.

This is an all you can eat buffet restaurant. There is a different theme every month, this month was 'Spring in Drenthe'. The waiter bring bread with garlic butter and tapenade and will explain the buffet to you at your table. Then you go inside, get a plate and basically get anything you feel like. There is a choice of two soups, a section with tapas, a section of fish, a salad bar and a hot section. All the meats will be prepared while you watch and there is a large variety of side dishes. All sauces and dressings seem to be home made.

When you have had enough of all this, you can move onto the dessert bar (or if you like in reverse order) where you will find lots of different flavours ice cream, apple pie, a selection of cakes, mousses and more.

We had a lovely evening here, and as there is no time limit you don't feel rushed. The service was fine, dirty plates were taken away usually while you were inside for the next round. My only comment would be that they could have come around a little more to see if we needed drinks and that everything was allright. And, nothing to do with the dining experience: more car parking would be good, the car park was packed and people had to park on the grass in front iof the restaurant. That aside, I will definitely reccommend this restaurant and I have booked it for my next meet-up in July 2012!

Pictures taken from the restaurant website, I forgot my camera!
Terrace outside