Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires - I forgot the name of this bridge
Buenos Aires - Obelisco
Buenos Aires - Casa Rosado
Buenos Aires - La Boca
Buenos Aires - La Boca. I took this photo while riding my bike.

Buenos Aires Reviews

simonzinha simonzin…
Some info Jan 03, 2012
- Buenos Aires during the summer is VERY warm with sun all the day. I'd suggest you to use a sun block if you don't want to be red during your trip;

- Many taxi drivers will give you fake money. So everytime you take taxi, try to have the exact money to avoid headache with your change;

- If you are going to pay with credit card at some restaurant, ask if they accept credits cards before ordering something. Many places accept only cash. Many nightclubs also accept only cash to pay the entrance;

- Alfajor: the most famous brand is HAVANA but if you can buy one called JORGITO which is much cheaper and much more delicious. Also try JORGELIN but the purple box!!!

- Take a plug adpater... Please find it in google because I dont know how to explain it. And Im pretty sure they usre 220V
simonzinha says:
U are welcome! If you need any other info, let me know!
Posted on: Jan 19, 2012
HuBison says:
Wow-great tips. I hope to be in BA in a few weeks.
Posted on: Jan 18, 2012
Africancrab says:
Thanks for sharing. Great idea taking ones own converter as the electrical wattage and the sockets are different.
Posted on: Jan 04, 2012
drmorrisj drmorrisj
Buenos Aires Oct 17, 2012
Buenos Aires was a fun place. The first day I was there I went for a bicycle tour. I rode a very eclectic bicycle. I got lots of attention, which was fun. We rode our bikes through a neighborhood called La Boca. It was once a poor neighborhood. Well, I guess it is still poor, but it was safe as far as I could tell (at least in the day time). Then we rode our bikes to Casa Rosado. Our final destination was back to my hotel (I think I stayed at the Marriot).

Other sites that I visited while I was there were the Obelisco de Buenoa Aires, Congresso, Recolettta cemetery, and Iguazu Falls (separate review).

Honestly, I was expecting a European city, but felt like I went to a variation on Sacramento, California. One thing that was nice was that when I was in Recoletta, a nice women approached me and told me that I needed to keep my SONY alpha55 closer to my body. In fact, a couple of other men told me that when I was near the Obelisco. I appreciated them telling me to keep my high value items close to me. A friend of mine had her purse picked for $100 after we went to dinner at the Galleria. We were all glad that she did not lose her credit cards as well as her ID (now that would have sucked).

I had dinner at this place called La Estancia. Everyone kept bragging about the meat, but I was not impressed. Could it be that I am not a red meat person? Probably, because I did not walk out of there licking my lips thinking, “OMG, that was the best meat ever.” I think I actually had better meat at a Brazilian place in lower Manhattan. I hope I did not offend anyone. I think a part of my problem is that I have had a lot of food in a lot of different places.
La Boca. I took this photo while r…
La Boca
Casa Rosado
Novelty Novelty
Buenos Aires Mar 27, 2011
Mix together a beautiful European-like city with attractive residents (call them porteños), gourmet cuisine, awesome shopping, a frenzied nightlife and top-drawer activities, and you get Buenos Aires, a cosmopolitan metropolis with both slick neighborhoods and equally downtrodden areas – but that’s part of the appeal. It’s an elegant, seductive place with a ragged edge, laced with old-world languor and yet full of contemporary attitude. BA is somehow strangely familiar, but unlike any other city in the world.

Related Travel Blogs About Buenos Aires

Efffing hot in buenos aires
EMPANADA TIME!!!!!!OMG as soon as I walked thought the walk way, we can feel the heat. I already knew ahead of time that it was going to be hot. Countries below the equator, the seasons are different…Buenos Aires).     * Metropolitan Cathedral (the mother church of the Archdiocese of Buenos Aires
Once, san telmo & evita museum
LAST DAY IN BA!!!!It was about 9am, we had breakfast with some of the people who were going to the “LE TIGRE” excursion.  We brought our map to plan to visit ONCE, it is the Jewish neighborh…Buenos Aires) Eleven is the name under which meets an area of the district Balvanera in Buenos
Advice for future students traveling to Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires is a city of intrigue and mystery with thousands of paths to walk down, millions of people to meet, and more individual experiences than a lifetime can hold. After a month in Buenos Aire…Buenos Aires and then information that will perhaps help you prepare to discover Buenos Aires in your…

Check Buenos Aires Hotel Deals