Budget Backpackers

Budget Backpackers Rates and Deals

Budget Backpackers Edinburgh Reviews

Flotti Flotti
Great hostel, great location Jun 18, 2012
I stayed at this hostel for a weekend and must say I was nicely surprised. It has a great location. You can get to the tourist attractions easily and Waverly station is only a ten minute walk.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped us out with every question we had. They also provide free walking tours, which me and my friend gladly took part of.

The room and beds were clean and comfortable. The communal bathrooms were cleaned several times a day. I have no complaints about the water pressure and temperature in the shower. It was all up to standard. For the ladies, hairdryers are available in some bathrooms.

The chill room is nice and they provide cheap drinks and meals throughout the day. I think they close at 11pm or 12 pm though.

Overall, my stay at the budget backpackers was satifying and I would recommend it to everyone looking for a hostel in Edinburgh.
camouche camouche
Best youth hostel ever! Apr 09, 2011
I stayed in that youth hostel on a trip to Edinburgh, and I loved it!!

The hostel was very clean, very well decorated, with a lot of colors everywhere. The staff was great, really helpful. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed.

Every night, the hostel organises a pub crowling, anyone is free to join in! It's the best way to meet the other youth staying at the hostel

I highly recommend this place!
JKer JKer
Best Hostel Ive Been To Mar 11, 2010
I couldnt say one bad thing about this place. My friends and I stayed at Budget Backpackers this past weekend and our experience was amazing.

Free Pub Crawls at night, and free walking tours in the morning. Free lockers in your room to lock up your stuff which comes with a free lock from the front desk. A chill common room with a pool table and the ability to check out DVD's from the front desk for only a 5lb deposit.

The beyond all that, the locations is great. Close to great food, many tourists attractions (Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Bobby, Harry Potter's Origin) and the heart of the nightlife.

If this isn't good enough, the best part about is the friendly staff. All very welcoming and informative. Very willing to point out anywhere youd like to go at any time of the day.

I Highly Recommend for anyone looking to have an amazing stay in Edinburgh at a great cost!
theperfectwave theperfe…
Come back for more Jun 27, 2010
Been staying here and have to say, I would love to come back for more.. its in a pefect location no more than a 10 min walk to all the good locations in Edinburgh, always a great crowd to hang with in the Chill Room. The Building is awsome to look at with all the painting or funky colours the walls are painted with. there are several full kitchens to use.
missaeliya missaeli…
Jan 17, 2008
We stayed at the Budget Backpackers Hostel during our 5-day stay in Edinburgh last week. I was clueless about Edinburgh and was too lazy to do extensive research so I chose the hostel that came up first in Google. Their website was nice. It had pictures of the rooms and facilities and it boasted of their awards and how central their location is that you can see Edinburgh Castle from their windows. The staff were easy to deal with and were fairly responsive to emails. The rates were reasonable too so I booked our room right away.

I guess it's my fault that I didn't research about Edinburgh beforehand because when we got there, we learned that maps can be deceiving. In the map, Cowgate looked like it was just 2 blocks away from Waverley Station but what we didn't know was that we have to go up and down the hill first.

The hostel itself was nice. It had colorful interiors, a cozy common room with tv, internet kiosks, kitchens, and a reliable hot water supply (very important during winter). We booked a twin room with a bunk bed and surprisingly the room was big. There was no sink in the room, though. The beds were clean and comfortable, but what freaked me out about the room was that it had a window with a view of the Greyfriars Graveyard which is right across the street. When I sleep facing left, I actually have a view of tombs! Haha, I know, I'm such a scaredy cat. Actually, I really thought that graveyard was beautiful and we even visited it twice during the day. It was one of the most hauntingly beautiful cemeteries I've ever seen! Greyfriars Bobby was buried there!:) I didn't know about the ghost stories at that time so I was brave. But after we went on the City of The Dead Graveyard Tour and learned that Greyfriars was the site of one of most notoriously known poltergeist activites (so famous that BBC had to investigate it) it suddenly became hard to sleep.:p

The hostel had common showers, which might be good news for some.;) We ended up having to walk a little further from our room to use the strictly-for-females one.

Overall, I think it's a nice, clean, and reasonably priced hotel for which you need a good pair of walking shoes and a bit of courage. Considering that Edinburgh is mostly built on a volcano, I guess the location is as good as any you can get.
missaeliya says:
ok na rin at least walang sausage exhibit! hehe puntod exhibit lang
Posted on: Jan 26, 2008
aoisoba says:
pahirapn mag comment dito ha!
ayown! so binook mo lang yung nauna sa net...magaleng magaleng
Posted on: Jan 24, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh & Glasgow
Edinburgh - St.Giles Cathedral, Thistle Chapel, The Royal Mile, Palace of Holyrood, Sir William Scott Monument, Royal Scottish Academy, Royal Museum, Princes Gardens, and towering above of course - E…Edinburgh Castle. Successive nights of partying at Budget Backpackers & their cheap cheap pub crawls, with Jeff & Dan, Georgina…

Check Budget Backpackers Rates and Deals