Get your guidebook out because if you are San Pedro you will have one, San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala

Buddha`s San Pedro La Laguna Reviews

Higton Higton
May 29, 2007
This place is alright, especially if you in the mood. One of the other reviews suggests that you get a wait for your food, which is correct, they are slow. But if you can lie around on mattresses drinking chai, partaking in bongs and generally chilling out, that's cool. Just don't go when you are really hungry. And it is worth it, the food is very good. I had some Red Thai Curry dish which just the right side of hot.

On my visit, travelling gypsy types did a set to a room of hippies which was fine and all in keeping with the place. I prefer a bit of yo-ho-ho-and-a-bottle-of-rum, but that is me. But the folky vibe was more in keeping with the general air of Buddha's.

If you want more Guatemalan life, then a hike up the hill is probably what you should go for!
Yoshu Yoshu
Apr 20, 2007
That night we went out for food at a place called "Buddha´s" The service was so slow that one would need the infinite wisdom and understanding of Buddha to forgive them. I wouldn´t recommend eating there unless you´ve just eaten because you won´t get your food until you´re hungry again. Our appetizer took over an hour to arrive and it was just spring rolls. You know there´s something wrong with the service when they walk up to you after 45 minutes of waiting for drink and say, "You ordered the rum and coke right?"

The setting was pretty cool however because we got to sit in these booths with lots of pillows and they were selling nargila that you could smoke at your table. It wasn´t a total write off, but DO NOT COME HUNGRY!
annadean says:
hi ! another nice read thankyou !! also i dont think we would get away with this **
John pointed out to us that maybe Guatemala was like Greece in that if your house or building isn´t finished you don´t pay the same taxes so maybe that was
why almost every building in the towns we had been to had half a floor unfinished on top.!!!
lol Denise
Posted on: Jun 09, 2007

Compare San Marcos La Laguna Hotel Rates (3.7km away)

San Pedro La Laguna Map