Buddha Bar

www.buddha-bar.com - 01 53 05 90 00

Buddha Bar Paris Reviews

Abbymoon05 Abbymoon…
Best house salad ever! Oct 12, 2010
Buddha Bar in Paris is a very cozy-warm restaurant close to Place de la Concorde (if I'm not mistaken). The very first time I was there, we discovered it by chance while walking around the area trying to look for a good night club, as soon as we spotted it we decided to check it out. What makes it so charming? Visually the place is dark and illuminated by dim lights as well as candles, giving it a warm reddish-black ambiance, very romantic. Anyway, the point of my review concerns the salad, their chicken house salad is by FAR my absolute favorite...so exquisite, never had I tasted such an amazing salad. It is definitely not cheap at around 17 euros but it is definitely worth it in my book. Needless to say I had to go back there to savor it one more time before departing Paris, what a better way to say Au revoir Paris and to celebrate my birthday than with an excellent dinner at Buddha Bar :D...and great company!

Only downer is the slow service, but hey it's Paris, right :D

Cheers to my first review here! I'll try to do better next time ;)
stuartmichael says:
Buddha Bar, heard of this and seen it on a the TV show 'Absolutely Fabulous'. I hear its pretty expensive. Would love to check it out.
Posted on: Mar 19, 2012
TravellinChic Travelli…
Classy bar with restaurant Nov 16, 2010
This is again recommended by the same Italian girl who recommended Georges so this is also a classy one :P

I like this place a lot because of the music and the ambiance. Upon entry you pass by the restaurant first where you could get a table by making prior reservation. If you would like to have a table while having drinks, then, it will be good to have your dinner here as well. Otherwise, you could try find a stool around the bar on the second floor or stand near the bar or walk around just like most people (guys) are doing.

The best days to go will be weekends (Friday and saturday) as there will be a crowd. If I remember right, I was here on a saturday :)

The crowd gets full around midnight and this is quite a touristy place, based on my observation but you will find some residents as well, I did .

You should dress up in this place and the drinks are not cheap. I ordered a cocktail and it cost around 25euros, yes, one standard glass :)

A lot of good-looking guys constantly going around and looking to catch some girl's eyes. They will smile at you and if you smile back, they'll try to start a conversation. The residents/"locals" who are not necessarily ethnically french will talk to you in french first and once you say you dont speak french, they'll speak with you in english.

This is a good place to meet classy men in Paris and would be great to come alone or with some lady friends (preferably just one more lady friend, 2 the most) The ratio of male and female here is like 2:1, men more..so it's ladies' choice ;)

I will definitely go back here if I'm in Paris and without a boyfriend. I had a pact with a lady french friend of mine that we will be painting Paris red. :P
TravellinChic says:
Thank you! :)
jhoc says:
great place, good review!
fredlupin fredlupin
one of the few temples of lounge in paris... Mar 28, 2010
Though buddha bar is expensive, it is to be seen while travelling in paris... just take a drink at the bar, but be sure to seat in front of th ehuge buddha to enjoy the view and ambient. drinks are expensive even for paris. Food is very expensive; around 70euros for the menu.

Music is a little to low for a real music lounge bar. On friday and saturday the bar is fuuuull; to full. It s possible to have a drink without reservation though. It s a perfect place to watch gorgeous russian girls and beautifull turists, or to impress a girlfriend.
TravellinChic says:
With all due respect, IMHO, guys shouldn't bring their girlfriend here...unless they want to lose them :P Girls will be surely impressed...with the abundance of good-looking men :P
dmryan2000 says:
I love Buddha bar music and was delighted when i finally got to experience the lounge itself the ambience and the exotic people, just wonderful.
Posted on: May 28, 2010
seychelles says:
I loved this place best cocktails in Paris!!!! amazing experience!!!
Posted on: Apr 16, 2010