Buddakan Atlantic City

1 Atlantic Ocean, Atlantic City, NJ, USA
(609) 674-0100
Buddakan Atlantic City - Buddha
Buddakan Atlantic City - Buddakan - Atlantic City
Buddakan Atlantic City - Tipsy on Sake!
Buddakan Atlantic City - Buddakan - the statue inside
Buddakan Atlantic City - Fantastic ambiance!
Buddakan Atlantic City - My buddies and I at Buddakan

Buddakan Atlantic City Reviews

abhmalat abhmalat
Beyond impressive! Mar 14, 2011
What do you do when you had a good day at a casino? Of course, blow all your lucky money away on the things you love. And I LOVE FOOD!

After a long hard day of gambling (yes, it is hard work), my buddies and I decided to have a light sushi dinner at Souzai's at the Pier Shops at Caesar's, right opposite Philip's Seafood. While walking around the shops, we passed a restaurant 'Buddakan'. The menu sounded exquisite. The main draw for us was 'Grilled Octopus' - something we had never tried before. No one was thinking about sushi anymore.. The rates were quite exorbitant, but the octopus beckoned us all!

We were greeted warmly by the maitre d' and escorted to our seats. The first sight in Buddakan-AC is an enormous towering Buddha Gold statue that sits right across the entrance. A 24-seater dining table divides the restaurant into two equal halves. The ceiling is a false, dark blue, dimly-lit Japanese evening sky. Around the main dining area, there are two stories of cabin-like dining areas for customers who need privacy. The restaurant excels in it's design - you are transported to rustic Japan instantly!

We decided to try their Sake instead of wines, Buddakan being a Japanese restaurant. Our waiter was well-informed and patiently helped us with our order. Our main attraction - the grilled octopus - was outstanding! Every dish we ordered was a piece of art on a plate. It looked like a million bucks, and tasted even better. The portions of food weren't pretentious either.

After relishing more than half of our dinner, the fire alarm at the shops suddenly went off, and the staff had to ask all the guests to leave the premises. Getting away from our food was the hardest thing we did that day! After spending an hour at the adjacent casino, we came back to our food which was now cold. It's appalling how a couple of other tables didn't come back to pay their cheques. The waiter took back the food and came back with ALL OUR ENTREES REDONE! So much for light dinner..

Our stomachs were almost full at that point, but the food so amazing we couldn't stop eating till our plates were empty :). Buddakan AC is fine dining at it's best. We were completely sold on their food, service and a fantastic ambiance!

If I ever visit in Atlantic City, I'm very sure I'll dine at Buddakan again. Heck, I could just plan another AC trip for eating here!
Buddakan - the statue inside
Buddha
Fantastic ambiance!
My buddies and I at Buddakan
abhmalat says:
Thanks buddy :) Yes, you should try that once.. just for the kicks ;)
Posted on: Nov 02, 2011
spocklogic says:
Good job on this review - A well written and entertaining narrative. Grilled Octupus, eh? I will have to put that on my list of things to try.
Posted on: Nov 01, 2011
iramalama says:
Fire alarm feature! Congrats Abhi!
Posted on: Aug 16, 2011