Budapest, Hungary

Budapest Reviews

drmorrisj drmorrisj
Buda Pest Jan 06, 2013
The first day in Budapest I was excited to try Hungarian cuisine. My friend Lisa and I went to a restaurant across the street from the Kempinski (where we were staying) and had some goulash and hortobágy pancakes. It was different, but it was not quite the delicious cuisine that I had in Germany (I will write about that in another review).

Lisa and I walked across the Chain Bridge (István Széchenyi) and walked up to the Buda Castle (Budavári Palota). Angevin rulers of the Kingdom of Hungary established the Budavári Palota in the 14th century. It has been built and destroyed many times. The Budavári Palota was built on the southern tip of Castle Hill, bounded on the north by the Castle District.

I took many pictures in the Budavári Palota. We had tons of fun shooting. After wearing our feet out at the castle, we went back to the Kempinski and I bought Lisa a cupcake for her birthday.

Later on that night I went out and shot the István Széchenyi during dusk. This was very exciting as it was my first time shooting a dusk shot. I was uber prepared. I had my tripod and DSLR on the ready! I took several shots (one of which dons the book that I wrote about the trip). I also shot the parliament building (Országház) that night. BTW – Hungary has the largest parliament in all of Europe.

The next morning I got up early and went shooting with my 300mm zoom lens. This was one of the best shoots of my life because the exposure on St. Stephens Church (Szent István-bazilika; named after Stephen I, the first King of Hungary (c 975–1038)) was beaming down on the building! All of my shots came out crystal clear to my amazement. This was a great learning experience for me.

Overall, Budapest was a great city. The sights were beautiful and the city was filled with interesting history.
Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Lion on Chain Bridge
Buda Castle.
Lisa is on the right hand side :-)
rcpilgrim rcpilgrim
Budapest May 22, 2012
Budapest is actually made up of two cities on either bank of the Danube River. The city has a long history and was occupied by several forces including the Romans, Turks and Mongols. It is the vast amount of remains of these cultures that gives Budapest its protected UNESCO status. The city rebounded from all assaults and was the first city on the continent with a modern subway. The sites in Budapest are well worth visiting, especially Buda Castle and the Danube River banks.
Buda and Pest split by the Danube …
maki maki
Budapest Nov 20, 2011
Just came back from Budapest and let me tell you it s a MUST to visit place.

Since I'm not a big fan of writing any blogs and reviews , I ll take this chance to add pictures :) ,I believe they can tell more than words ....

If you are planing to visit Budapest in future ,there is group of students who are organizing Budapest free walking tours,you can as well find them on facebook under the same name or just press this link

Related Travel Blogs About Budapest

beautiful, pure, bold, simple and raw! BUDAPEST YOU ARE THE ONE!
still inside the train but now approaching budapest, i got an sms from livia that she will wait for me in the giant screen at budapest keleti pályaudvar station. call me corny but one of my dreams i…budapest, i got an sms from livia that she will wait for me in the giant screen at budapest
First Day of Balkan Adventure - Budapest Hungary
Balkan Adventure  Day 1  September 9  2011 This is day of the first stage of the trip.  Get up this morning and have a good breakfast and head off to the Thunder Bay Internatio…Budapest. Finally we board the plane for Hungary. I fly with Lufthansa to get to Budapest and it seems…

Check Budapest Hotel Deals