Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden

Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden Reviews

stian79 stian79
Must do if you like animals! Oct 09, 2011
The Budapest zoo surprised me. It was amazing! :D

I specially liked the fact that unlike many other places you get to interact more with the animals. Some birds went free inside the zoo grounds and many animals were just separated from the visitors by a low fence, allowing visitors to interact with them by petting or feeding them. :D

I spent over 3 hours in here and didn't see half of it. I loved the three little tiger cubs playing with each other and their mother.

They also have several other animals from all over the world. Among them polar bears, giraffes, elephants, spiders, snakes, lions, birds and butterflies, yes butterflies... :D
homokush homokush
Grret place to spend a day! Mar 06, 2011
Great! The Zoo itself not so big, but very charming with lovely animals! It is a good idea to allocate a day for this, because around the Zoo there are other places to see. It is not to far from Hosok Square, which itself worth a visit, then there is a castle to see, a lake, where you can rent a boat for an hour and all this is surrounded with a great park. Alternatively you can pop in the Funfair, just next to the Zoo.
larissa7 larissa7
small but great!! Jul 18, 2009
I just love this zoo. It is rather small, seen from the map but once inside its is great (fantastic and big). If you go to budapest just go here for a day it is worth it.

They have many spiecies and keep them well in lage cages. Some are open for visitors to walk through. In one of the places you can walk among flying dogs (large bats).
stacey0204 stacey02…
Budapest Zoo May 28, 2008
Budapest zoo is set in City Park and is well worth a visit. My boyfriend is a big fan of zoos so everywhere that had a zoo in Eastern Europe we visited!

Budapest was recommended to us and met the high expectations. Its a large zoo with over 2000 animals, from the big cats to polar bears and from gorillas to crocodiles. When we visited, there was work being done on some areas of the zoo but this did not interrupt or spoil our visit. All the animals could still be seen, in enclosures that are design to look like the animals natural habitat.

The only thing that made the trip around the zoo hard was the 30 degree heat! :)
James1985 James1985
Best Zoo yet!I think! May 27, 2008
After the horrors of Split zoo that will remain with me for many years to come,i was eager to get back to another zoo and cheer myself up.I was eager to go to Budapest zoo as i new it was a good zoo and for those of you who dont know me.I love zoos!!

Budapest zoo was great,although it was hard to walk around in the searing 38degree midday heat,it was a very modern zoo with some great exhibits.

It was in the progress of some hefty work on a african desert enclosure and a mountain enclosure in the middle of the zoo.

We had a good experience with the gorrillas when one of them had jumped over the electric fence and was trying to escape his enclosure and thumping the glass we were stood at.Brilliant!

Check Budapest Hotel Deals