Buchholz Downtown Hotel Cologne

Buchholz Downtown Hotel Cologne Rates and Deals

Buchholz Downtown Hotel Cologne Reviews

mslellen mslellen
Travbuddy helped me find this hotel - loved it! May 01, 2012
Travbuddy helped me find this hotel. We were staying in Cologne for a trade show in Dusseldorf, but rooms were over 400EUR per night. For that kind of money we'll take the train into town! Anyway this little hotel was only a few short blocks from the train station and very easy to find. And it was only 89EUR for a single and 119EUR for a double. Well worth the trip!

Although small, it really had everything you could need. The staff was very friendly and patient with the constant changes as I swung from 4 to 5 rooms, and changes to arrival and departure dates - always so polite, and when I met the staff it was evident that this is how they treat all their customers.

The hotel was really clean, and I didn't find anything not working. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud with plenty of pillows and just the right weight of duvet. The bathroom in our room was huge and had plenty of electrical outlets. The internet connection was really fast so I was able to use Skye and Viper as much as I wanted. Even got to play some of my online games just like at home.

They had a small bar area and in the evening they stayed open for as long as we wanted to drink. We cleaned them out of Tanqueray and tonic the first night, but they stocked up and were well prepared the next night. They even gave as a few tastes of some interesting liquors that we had never seen before. There were primarily 3 people we saw on a regular basis and they were all so friendly telling us interesting stories of the history of the hotel. The hotel is actually owned by the family of a famous tennis player named Buchholz. I personally didn't know who he was but my husband and our friends all knew about him.

They also had a wonderful breakfast in a lovely, sunny and pleasantly decorated room. There were meats, cheeses, pickles, olives, fruits, all kinds of pastry and cereals. If you wanted they would even cook you eggs. I have never had such a nice breakfast included with a hotel stay.

I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone visiting Cologne. There are lots of great restaurants in walking distance as well as shopping, the train station and the river front area. We will return to Germany in 2016 and I am planning on returning here.
Hotel Buchholz, Cologne Germany
The front desk, with fresh flowers…
I loved the old fashioned key to o…
You can't see it well, but there w…
AshleyShrson says:
Enjoy the places Cologne has to offer you
Posted on: Jun 08, 2013
X_Drive says:
Sunds very nice! :D
Posted on: Feb 22, 2013
ainura ainura
Nice hotel Jul 15, 2011
the hotel is just a few paces away from the Cologne main train station. the room we stayed in was well furnished with "feel home" feeling. we actually had a room that included 2 rooms: 1 bedroon and 1 TV lounge. Internet is free and breakfast included. Very quiet, clean and the staff is great. we were able to leave our bags in the hotel after check-out coz our train was late in the afternoon that day.
iramalama iramalama
Close and quiet Oct 22, 2007
At the time we were passing though Germany (flying into Cologne and flying out of Dusseldorf), Dusseldorf was hosting some major business exhibition and room costs in both cities was ridiculously high (nearly Eu500 for a standard room). At the last minute, we were able to secure a booking here for a price slightly higher than what we wanted (it was for a deluxe or suite room...something fancier than we needed--but it was the only room available), but we were just thrilled to not have to sleep on the streets! The taxi driver from the airport was not too sure of its location at first, as it is in some back lanes behind the main train station (although only a block away from the Marriot). Indeed the area felt a bit suburban, but it had restaurants and convenience stores and was only one block away from the Rhine River (which is how we walked to the city center in only a few minutes time, right along the river).

The hotel's design is Victorian from the outside and resembles a large townhouse. Inside, they have a dining area which serves a really good breakfast in the morning and a bar. The hotel staff (owners, I believe) were incredibly helpful (and had very fluent English) when we went to check-out and planned to hop on a train to Dusseldorf airport (during the transit strike that started just that morning). The room was nice and clean. The bathroom was large and well-heated (even the towel rack was heated). And the sitting room was almost as comfortable as the bedroom.

I don't remember the exact cost of the room, but whatever we paid, I'm sure would have been worth it in retrospect. This was a truly enjoyable stay in a nice area and with helpful staff. I would almost certainly stay here again if I return to Cologne.
View of neighboring houses from th…

Buchholz Downtown Hotel Cologne Overview

Hotel Buchholz with its attractive Victorian facade is one of Cologne's most charming town house hotels. The hotel provides a quiet retreat away from the urban rush, situated in a small street just minutes from the city centre and a short walk from the River Rhine. The Buchholz family run and manage this affordable accommodation, and together with their friendly and courteous English - speaking staff ensure a hearty and warm welcome is given to all guests on their arrival. Whether your visit to Cologne is for business or pleasure, our central but quiet location is an excellent base for visiting the exhibition halls, various museums, our famous cathedral and other places of interest. Just a short walk from the hotel along the River Rhine embankment is Old Cologne with its many bars and restaurants. We also provide a service where bookings for restaurants, tickets for shows, etc. can be made in advance.

Buchholz Downtown Hotel Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes