Bubby's

Bubby's has two locations:

120 Hudson Street in Tribeca, New York,

and

1 Main Street in Dumbo, Brooklyn,

on the East River between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges and directly across from the Brooklyn Bridge Park.

I visited the Bubby's located in DUMBO, Brooklyn for Sunday Brunch. If you are into large portions this place is for you. I had the Applewood House Smoked Lox, scallions and cream cheese platter serverd with whole hominy organic South Carolina grits. The fresh Salmon piled high on the soft bagle complimented the smooth cream cheese when I bit into it. WoW! The flavors all worked so well together. And with Bubby's spicy Bloody Mary drink, my Sunday was finally coming into view. The hominy organic South Carolina grits was smooth and not to mention tasty like my mom's (that when she use to cook - not any more). Others at the table ordered the Smoked Rainbow Trout, Corned Beef and Eggs and Eggs Benedict all of which tasted pretty good when I sampled them.

Because Bubby's overlook the East River, you get a great view of the New York City skyline so it's easy to loose yourself by simply watching boats go up and down the East River holding a Mimosa in your hand.

So if you're in Brooklyn, I highly recommend that you check out Bubby's.

Bubby's in Brooklyn only accepts CASH.
Tinktinkie says:
Sounds yummie!
Posted on: Jul 12, 2010
sarahsan says:
Thanks for sharing! Your review made me really hungry!
Posted on: Jul 11, 2010
Glynnes says:
Thanks!
The food at Bubby's in DUMBO is really good. I hear that the Bubby's in Tribeca now has homemade sodas and Rhubarb pie (which I luv) on the menu.
Enjoy!