Bubba Gump Shrimp Company

720 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA, USA

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Monterey Reviews

robzvoice robzvoice
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Jun 16, 2012
History: The restaurant was inspired by the movie "Forrest Gump". The first Bubba Gump restaurant was made right here in Monterey, California. This is my first time going to one of its food chains and it happened to be the first one which opened back in 1996.

Location: The restaurant is situated off of the famous Cannery Row within a short walking distance to the Aquarium in Monterey, California. It is right next to the bay and you have a good view of the area.

Food: The food I ordered was the "Forrest's Seafood Feast" which consisted of southern fried shrimp, seafood hush pups, fish & chips, and coleslaw along with some dipping sauces. I washed it all down with a beer and one of their strawberry mango smoothies! This really hit the spot.

Service: The service was very good despite how crowded it was. They made sure I was well taken care of from ordering the drinks to the time I was ready to leave. I did have to rack my brains to recall certain facts about the Forrest Gump movie to answer these out of the blue, random questions from the waitresses. I really need to make sure I watch the movie again before I go to another Bubba Gumps restaurant so that I'm well prepared...lol!

Atmosphere: Great! A lot of folks there. The staff yelling and singing birthday songs to those celebrating birthdays, the wait staff made the atmosphere by being very cheerful and friendly. Overall, great experience!

Overall: Highly recommended! If you are in the Monterey Bay area, go ahead and check it out!

Check Monterey Hotel Deals