Bubba Gump Shrimp Co

1000 Universal Studios Blvd, Universal City, CA, USA

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co Universal City Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
pricey but a delightful experience Jul 07, 2014
I have read this restaurant “takes its name from the well-repeated scene in the movie Forest Gump where Forest's friend Bubba gives a litany of possible dishes you can create with shrimp.”

To us, it is a little expensive here but once in a while is fine.

We ordered tortilla chips & dip for appetizer but they name it “Bubba’s Far Out Dip”. Dip is made of roasted peppers, Monterey jack cheese, artichoke and shrimp. There is extra charge if shrimps are added. The chips are not fresh though.

The main dish we ordered is very tasty. My husband and I shared with the “Net Catch Entrée” consists of shrimps, Andouille sausages, potatoes, carrots, celery and corn on the cob with garlic and Cajun spices steamed in beer. The serving for this dish is quite huge even three “small eaters” will be enough!

Service was fast considering it was busy. We wait for five minutes to be seated, then a service crew came to take our order and in less than 30 minutes, our orders were served on our table.

The crew who served us is extremely sweet but I like him that way. He was very mindful and would come straight as soon as he sees the “blue placard” raised.

The interior decors like the picture frames, poster, etc. are all themed off of the movie “Forest Gump”. Pretty neat place for good food and a few smiles as I read some of the cute sayings on the posters.

For my drink I ordered “lemonade with watermelon” which I had free refills for plain lemonade, but extra .90 cents if you opt to add watermelon (flavor). I was surprised to find the blinking glass can be taken home. Our server hand it to me before we left!

And may I add this: “A Suggested Gratuity of 15%-20% is customary. The amount of gratuity is always discretionary.”
if you need your server's help
when you don't need your server's …
the blinking glass :))
ajdennis1980 ajdennis…
A must for any Forrest fan! May 10, 2009
I love this film and loved the restaurant too.

Decked out with bits and bobs from the film it's a cosy place with booths to sit and eat shrimp off newspaper (which is from Greenbay!).

I had coconut shrimp and Catherine had Fried shrimp both were excellent.

The staff were friendly and recommended food and drink but not in a pushy way. Great cocktails and you get to keep the glass.

Next time I'm in the states I'll be hunting out the nearest one!
kerisina kerisina
Forrest gump bubba Gump ??? Oct 05, 2009
Hey I saw Forrest Gump and have no idea I could find a Bubba Gump Restaurant.... it was soo funny when I went inside.

The Food is delicious. First time I taste it and wont be the last one, that's for sure.

I like the fact that when you need something, turn the card on red, and they come to you asap !!! My respect!

Check Universal City Hotel Deals