Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. - don't need service

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Bloomington Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp Mar 06, 2009
Bubba Gump's is pretty much the same in any location. This one happens to be in the Mall of America. It is a popular restaurant at MOA and often has waiting lines around dinner time. We went on a Friday night but were able to walk right in and be seated.

Our waitress was really friendly and explained how the restaurant works - even though we'd all been there before. There is a sign on the table that says "Run Forrest Run" if you don't need service and "Stop Forrest Stop" if you do need service. If you flip it to the red "stop" side, any passing waiter will stop. In case you aren't familiar with the theme, Bubba Gump Shrimp is the name of the Shrimping Company in the movie Forrest Gump.

I ordered the coconut shrimp and it was delicious, although I didn't feel full after finishing it. My dad ordered the Louisiana Shrimp with a spicy, garlicky sauce that was also good. My mom ordered a pulled pork sandwich because she thought the prices were too expensive. They were a little on the high side, but the food was pretty good.

Shortly after we were seated, a line began forming. It moved pretty fast, so it was maybe a 5-10 min wait. While we were waiting for our food, a giant shrimp walked by. Or rather, a person in a shrimp costume. I wanted to get my picture with it but he disappeared before I could get to him.

My mom wanted me to write that she liked the Cajun music playing, but as she said that, it switched to a 50s rock song. I guess I didn't pay attention to the music but I think they played music from the movie/time period and also Cajun.
don't need service