Buana Amertha Sari

Br.Seribatu ( Jalan Jurusan Tampaksiring-Kintamani), Bali, Indonesia

Buana Amertha Sari Bali Reviews

cicie cicie
Civet Coffee Oct 31, 2012
In the sunny afternoon in Ubud, our driver offered to the local coffee plantation into our itinerary before heading to Kintamani. BAS (Buana Amertha Sari) coffee farm located in Bali Island about 20 minutes from Ubud. They are doing traditional processing of Bali Coffee especially Coffee Luwak. We were eager to see the coffee Luwak process and drink a cup of coffee in plantation. We sure this day will be nice and enjoyable.

One question from my friends when we reached on the plantation is "Why Coffee Luwak very famous and expensive"? I don't have idea how to explain about that. I told them to see how they are processed Coffee Luwak . I worried they are not interested after heard about Coffee Luwak process. Coffee Luwak is coffee cherries that have been eaten, digested and excreted by the civet cat, collected by farmers and sold to roasters to prepare for human consumption. Because of the strange method of collecting, there isn't much Coffee Luwak. In Indonesia we called Luwak, and that they ate the coffee berries. Initially assuming that the animals were scavengers and a threat to coffee production. They were attractive animals with a soft dark pelt, with striking similarities in size and shape to foxes, though with facial features that bore closer resemblance to bush babies produced in the world.

The plantation area cooler climate, fresh and clean air. We are admiring the lush abundance of coffee plantation and landscape around. We were led down a narrow path through rows of towering green plants. The plantation was big, we found coffee tree, vanilla tree and tobacco amongst many other trees. We were smelling the some leaves as we passed through this garden. After a short stroll, amidst the dense foliage of the plants lining the path sits a massive cage occupied by several civets. The particular scent of the surrounding rainforest, a blend of natural fragrance when we are sitting in the plantation. This plantation is a sensational destination for enjoying Coffee Luwak. The plantation landscape was absolutely wonderful.

We tasted all the kinds of drinks on the glass mugs laid out on the table especially Coffee Luwak. I can say Coffee Luwak has an amazingly smooth taste, with no trace of bitterness. Actually the civet cat picks the best and sweetest coffee cherries using their special senses. Once, the coffee cherries go through the civet cat digestive track, a special enzyme will start breaking down the protein that gives the coffee its bitter taste. It's full of flavor and despite its bizarre journey, you could never guess that the coffee you are drinking is the result of such an unorthodox process.

It's a nice memory that I never forget in my trip in Bali
Civet
ccjbeachbum says:
congrats on your feature
Posted on: Jan 27, 2013
cicie says:
Thank you to all my friends for the congrats, smiles and comments in Buana Amertha Sari Review. This was a very special can share the unique and special coffee drink from Indonesia:)
Posted on: Jan 26, 2013
TB_Xim says:
congrats on ur featured review! :)
Posted on: Jan 26, 2013