Brussels Nord Train Station

1030 Schaerbeek Belgium, Brussels, Belgium

Brussels Nord Train Station Reviews

killustrations killustr…
Avoid of Possible Jun 12, 2012
I just thought it'd be important to let anyone who's visiting Brussels, Belgium know that you shouldn't ride a train into the north station! Most of the trains going into Brussels will stop at all three main train stations, The Gare du Nord, Brussels Central, and Brussels South. Get off at central or south.

The north station is right next to the ghetto of the city and the red light district. There are homeless people sleeping inside the main lobby of the station (and I mean tons, as in over 30 of them when I was there). And the place looks like it's either about to be shut down, or never really started up.

I accidentally took the train up to the north station and it's definitely not a place for a single female traveler to go to. Especially not at night.
killustrations says:
Ah I didn't know that. I only saw the inside of the Brussels South station :) It was huge! And really nice inside, so I didn't really think about it.
Posted on: Jun 17, 2012
westwind57 says:
i agree, it is a dump. by the way, the neighbourhood around Brussels South (Brussel-Zuid / Bruxelles-Midi) is also a bit shady (especially the southeast side). That station itself is huge and pretty modern though.
Posted on: Jun 12, 2012