Brussels Hello Hostel

Check Brussels Hotel Deals

Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
Brussels Hello Hostel Feb 01, 2015
I stayed at the rather colourful Hello hostel during my trip to Brussels. I was here for a total of 3 nights, staying in an 8 bed mixed dorm.

The hostel is slightly cheaper because of its location but it is right by public transport so it's easy to get into the city centre. And since the building is orange it is easy to spot!

I didn't have too much interaction with the staff during my stay. They weren't quite as forthcoming with tips and advice which i found quite unusual for hostel staff. Maybe if you asked them directly they would have lots to tell you?

But the hostel had a very impressive bar in the common area as well as a projector screen which was used to watch the Eurovision contest while i was there. Drinks at the bar were reasonable so it was a nice place to hang out and make new friends.

The room was very nice and clean and because it only had 8 beds (4 bunks) it was nice and spacious. Probably one of the nicest rooms i've stayed in! My room also had a weird little balcony area over the room. Was a little interesting lol

The shower facilities were average. No complaints about them at all. The pressure and temperature were ok, not amazing but not terrible so for a couple of days it's fine!

The kitchen was a nice size and had the things you expected / needed. Although they did have weird plug in hobs that took some getting used to. Breakfast was included but was very basic. The only thing i had a real problem with was the tea but that's possibly because i'm British!

Overall i enjoyed my stay here. I've heard people complain about the location but surely they were aware of this before they booked?! And with the metro so close you can't really complain too much!
tombom07 tombom07
'Goodbye!' Hello Brussels Hostel Jan 13, 2013
I stayed for two nights at Hello Brussels Hostel, which is located a little out of the city centre, but right next to the 'Simonis' metro station with good links.

I didn't really get any strong positive or negative impressions of the staff I encountered. They were polite & did their job but didn't go the extra mile.

My bed was so uncomfortable on my first night that I had to swap the mattress with the empty bunk above. The beds in my 6-bed dorm was also all very squeaky, which was irritating especially at night time. One slight movement in the bed caused a noise. The chairs in the room were exactlly the same. Perhaps I had picked an unlucky room. I was situated inbetween the reception/common area on the corridoor that lead to the stairs & bar area. On the first night the bar was quite loud but only until about midnight but the thin walls didn't help to block out people talking, walking & rolling their suitcases around.

The bedrooms themselves were well decked out although had no wash basin & no lockers. The showers had quite weak pressure.

A free breakfast is served in the bar although it is just cereal, breads, spreads, juice, & coffee/tea, the latter of which you have to pay for at a machine. The bar itself is quite nice & seemed to have a good atmosphere the evening I arrived. It struck me as a good place to meet fellow young travellers.

Another positive is that the wifi is free as are the communal computers.

The hostel was averagely priced at around 18 euros per night for a 6-bed dorm, although I think that is too high for the standards of the hostel. It was clean enough & simple with all the necessities, but I wouldn't feel the urge to stay there again.
aNDy88 aNDy88
brussels hello hostel Feb 04, 2012
Clean, friendly hostel that was good value for money. Staff were really nice, didn't have any problems with them when asking for things. Location was decent, situated rift next to a metro station, about a 10-15 minute journey from the main tourist attractions. The supplied breakfast was a welcome change as well, with lots of cereal, juice, toast and free coffee/tea. For young people trying to see brussels on a budget, this does the job.

Check Brussels Hotel Deals