Brussels Airport

Brussels, Belgium
Brussels Airport - I'm going home!
Brussels Airport - I'm going home!
Brussels Airport - 4 languages!
Brussels Airport - 4 languages!

Brussels Airport Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Brussels Airport Aug 17, 2015
I just stopped on the Brussels Airport for a quickly layover. I can't really review it that much but it seemed fairly good to me. I have no idea how the check-in and the way throught the security look like as all I had to do was to step off the plane, walk through the air bridge, then walk some meters and find my gate. Bonuses of the Schengen Zone! I like being a part of Schengen as it makes the airport-life much easier but I miss my old passport with many many european stamps.

What can I say about this airport is that it is one of the most well organized airports I have used. It is clean, it is bright, it is new and it is modern … and it is extremely long! The signage of the airport is excellent and in 4 languages! Yeah! 4! Most of the airports have just 2 languages, only once in Lanzarote I have seen signage in 3 languages. But 4? Never before.

The Terminal which I used was simply glorious. It felt like a giant glassed-in airplane hangar with marble effect tiles throughout whole area. There were plenty of places to sit. Seats were really comfortable. There were plenty of places to get some shopping done or to eat. Food selection is nothing special. Definitely an expensive tourist trap.

On the other hand the airport looked more like a shopping mall, tech-fair or trade show that an airport. The latest models of BMW, Audi and Mercedes were displayed every few steps. I was expecting that in Germany, but in Belgium? Everywhere there were placed big LED screens. There was at least one glowing blue booth to allow people to try out the latest PS4 games for free. Teenagers’ heaven I recon!

Free wifi is a feature of Brussels Airport but it's for 30 mins only. Well, that’s enough to check-in on Facebook hehe.

Overall, the airport is comfortable and very modern. I think it puts many european airports to shame.

However (of course there must be my „however”!), Brussels Airport belongs to the group of airports that love to strike much more than work. You might be unpleasantly surprised by it.
4 languages!
I'm going home!
cotton_foam says:
Thanks for sharing Ems!
Please share the 4 language instruction feature in my new 'off-topic game' forum post?! Hehehe...
Posted on: Aug 17, 2015
fransglobal says:
Apart from Dublin, it's the airport I've used many times - well over a hundred, probably. Never had a problem with strikes. So far :)

Many of my work colleagues go there regularly too...
Posted on: Aug 17, 2015