Brussels Airlines

Brussels, Belgium

Brussels Airlines Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Brussels Airlines Aug 04, 2015
Brussels Airlines is the largest Belgian airlines but I’m not sure if Belgium should be proud of it.

Starting from good things… The boarding was quick. They opened front and back doors so that’s why. The second good thing about Brussels Airlines is that they have screens even on short flights. They show basic informations like the route, how many km more etc but they also show one more thing. I found it cool that they show connection flight’s gates of passengers that are flying with them and have layover in Brussels. Before leaving the plane I already knew which gate I need to look for to get to Warsaw. To be honest, it was the first time I saw such a convenience while on board...

Now the bad things. I used Brussels Airlines twice and both planes were so old that I was wondering why they are still allowed to fly. Belgium should invest some money in new machines. The weather didn’t help. It was windy and rainy and both planes were jumping in the air like a ship on a stormy sea. In these old planes I felt the anger of Mother Nature double strong, as the plastic parts of the plane made sounds like they were about to fall apart. Scary.

Legroom was limited but maybe I would not complain about it if I would have shorter legs. Well, I have long. My fault. Well, more of my parents in fact.

Brussels airlines is the only regular airline I’ve used that does not provide any snacks on board. You need to buy it ... like in a charter! They even charge you for a cup of water. Nothing included. Even a small airline like Binter Canarias gives water and candies for free!

The flight by Brussels Airlines was the second most scary flight in my life (after flight to Paris by AF). And if that was not enough, 30 seconds after the pilot told we are approaching Warsaw and I was happy that the scary flight will be over, he told by intercom that due to heavy rain and wind the Warsaw Chopin Airport is closed. Awesome! We slowed down and waited in the air like 20 minutes for a signal that we can finally land. Landing was scary as the clouds covered everything and I didn’t know how far from the ground we are. The plane was shaking like hell and I was keep repeating in my head “touch the ground, touch the ground, c’mon touch the ground” ... and ufff it finally touched the Polish ground.
Ils1976 says:
a good enough reason to come back, but maybe it's better to choose another airline this time! :D
EmyG says:
Havent seen the country good enough ahaha :P I was in Belgium in 1999 lol ... and not in any major city :)
Ils1976 says:
Yep, that's Brussels Airlines for you ... but the rest of the country isn't that bad ... I HOPE!??! :)

Check Brussels Hotel Deals