Bruno's

Mission, San Francisco, CA, USA
Bruno's - JP, Sarah and Pam get down with the stripper pole. Note the garish leopard carpeting.

Bruno's San Francisco Reviews

thenewextrememimi thenewex…
Feb 20, 2008
There are some things I just don't understand in this world -- including inseperable couples, Immanuel Kant, Paris Hilton... and dives that charge a lot of money for drinks.

During the daytime, Bruno's looks kinda like a shut-down dirty movie theater, all desolate and empty on Mission St. At night, it develops a different kind of diviness, all red lights and gyrating to 90's hip hop and bad top 40 dance hits. Upstairs, there's stripper poles, and a big lit up sign that says "Pussycat". Downstairs, there's a leak from the ceiling.

So where does a bar like this get off charging $7 a drink? Is it... irony? Is this one of those San Francisco hipster in-jokes, charged at a premium? To be fair, I had a great time with my friends, although some of them are admittedly obsessed with bad 90's music, and we had the whole top floor to ourselves. Is this one of those places that's so bad it's good?

There are many great mysteries in this world. Bruno's may be one of them.
JP, Sarah and Pam get down with th…
sybil says:
wow, you used paris hilton in the same sentence as kant. who would've thunk it. haha!

i hear you about expensive drinks at divey places. there ought to be a divey bar patrons bill of rights or something... :D
thenewextrememimi says:
Yah, that sucks. What places do you go to? There are plenty of $3-a-beer crackhouses in my hood :).
trhoades says:
I guess you're right. I'm just constantly surprised by how often I'm paying $8 for a beer at a place that I would describe as a crack house, while everyone else is calling it "cool". The Mission is loaded with them.

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals