Brunello Trattoria

(310) 280-3856

Brunello Trattoria Culver City Reviews

Eric Eric
Tasty, casual, family owned Italian Apr 23, 2009
Family owned, tasty Italian place in the new happening spot of Culver City. I'm usually fairly picky when it comes to Italian food, and I only have had one dish here, but it exceeded my expectations.

I had the lobster rigatoni (which is a special only served on Weds), which I'd highly recommend. It was very flavorful, and the tomato sauce was rich and tasty, with spicy complexities of flavor. The pasta tasted really fresh, and was perfectly al dente. In fact, I had bites of some of my friends' dishes as well, and the the major thing that stood out was that the pasta itself was extremely tasty.

Service was good as well. Our waiter the son of one of the cooks, his mom, who made the tiramisu desserts. We ordered two tiramisu dishes to share among 6 people, and he was generous enough to throw them in on the house.

I also liked the fact that they didn't rush us out of the restaurant right after we had finished dinner. We were having a reunion (of a bunch of classmates who had studied abroad in Rome together), so it was nice to get a taste of Italy in the non “get out of my restaurant right after you finish eating” service that is more common in some restaurants in Los Angeles.

I like to visit a restaurant a few times, try a few different dishes, before I form a final impression of it, and recommend it to everyone I know, but Brunello's is definitely a place I'd like to visit again. From first impressions, I'd definitely recommend it.

Check Culver City Hotel Deals