Brunei Floating Village

Brunei Darussalam

Brunei Floating Village Reviews

adrianaaaron adrianaa…
Floating Village in Brunei Apr 27, 2013
I took a boat ride around Brunei's Floating Village. I must admit that I was really impressed by it. Life may be simple yet it's amazing how these people could live above water. With thousands of floating buildings such as the post office, police station, mosque and many more, one does not need to venture far to get his daily needs. Children go to school like the other kids who live on shore whilst the adults continue doing their daily routines and work. I paid about Brunei Dollar 30 for the ride. I think the price was good - after all, I managed to see one of the best places that the country has to offer. Locals may not think that this is an attraction, but a tourist like me see this as an attraction. I don't know what it's like to live above water!

In Malaysia, there is a fishing village called "Pulau Ketam" or also known as "Crab Island" where the villagers live their lives in simplicity but harmony - something you cannot compare to the big cities that you see around you.

Who says Brunei has nothing to show? I totally disagree! I had a great time enjoying the scenery. I am glad I took that ride. Well, the next time I do it, I better be wearing a life jacket because I did not the last time :p
Brunei Floating Village Map