Brujas de Cachiche

Calle Bolognesi #472 - Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Brujas de Cachiche Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Great atmosphere, service good food at the Wiches' place - Brujas de Cachiche Sep 03, 2009
After a busy week and in order to celebrate we were ready with some paperwork, my colleague (who is not Peruvian) and me would go for a nice dinner. Let's go for Peruvian food!

This restaurant is one of the best for Peruvian Cuisine. I've been here a couple of times for drinks and appetizers, but lots of times at the bar next door: Huaringas aka Pisco Place ;)

It's located in Miraflores. The building is very nice and the lights make it even look better. At the entrance they recreated a part of an Adobe Pyramid. Dinig area is a bit fancy, there are several tables 1st floor and also a piano, but there are more tables @ 2nd floor. Also there's a bar area at the 1st floor, great pictures and decoration.

The atmosphere is very nice. Like the color of the walls, furniture, typical decoration and china. You enjoy your meal while you are listening to Peruvian music.

I guess, the best thing here is the atmosphere and location itself. Peruvian food is very tasty, so it's too difficult you can't cook good one. Anyway, here's a review about the food:

The menu is mostly about Peruvian Cuisine, but not only traditional, but also mixing it with new ingredients. That fusion is great!

The table looked great. Very clean and nice. As soon as we sat, they brought complimentary bread, celery, peppers and the sauces. They have a good selection of drinks but we just got wine and juice for me - designated driver ;) For drinks, I prefer the bar next door, hehehe.

As appetizer we ordered: Anticuchos de Champiñones to share. The anticuchos are brochettes and the traditional ones are made of cow's heart, but this time we got mushrooms instead of cow's heart. They were grilled on garlic, onion, aji panca (Peruvian chilly) and other Peruvian spices. As side there were potatoes and corn.

Then Tim got Parihuela - a Peruvian seafood soup, similar to the gumbo in NOLA. But the bowl was much larger than expected, so he left some, but flavor was good, although it could be too rich for some people. I ordered stuffed potato. Usually it's stuffed with beef, but here it came with seafood, so tasty!!!

Now entrees. Tim wanted so bad to try the baby goad and he got the "Cabrito a la norteña", which is baby goad Peruvian style. It was very tender and came with rice and beans. The baby goad is cooked with some spices and corn beer. Again, food was too much for him. So Gunther got really tasty left overs, hahaha.

My entree were grilled veggies. They were very good. Assorted veggies, just grilled with some olive oil, yummy!

Service was simply superb. All the waiters were very polite and kind. Even the guy opening the door and the other one watching the cars. All were solicitous. They were concerned when Tim didn't finish his soup thinking there might have been something wrong with the food.

Desserts looked delicious, but we were too full...

Place isn't cheap. It's expensive for Peruvian standards. Food is good, service is better and location and atmosphere just great! There are places serving tastier food, but a dining experience is not just about the food, although is the most important :P
at the entrance
dining area
table is waiting for us
yadilitta says:
hahaha, you know pisco for appetizer and for dessert. We've done it before, hehehe
Posted on: Sep 04, 2009
geerbox says:
Yes the cow's hearts are great!
This place sounds great and it's right next to a good place too! So have piscos, then come here to eat, then after dinner go back next door to the pisco place!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2009
yadilitta says:
I did that for Tim. I always have the cow's heart. Is so tender... yummy!!!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Brujas de Cachiche

I am in a restaurant called Las Brujas de Cachiche in the upscale Miraflores district in Lima. Allegedly it is one of the best in the country. I'm here to eat until either my stomach or my Credit Car…Brujas de Cachiche in the upscale Miraflores district in Lima. Allegedly it is one of the best in the country…

Check Lima Hotel Deals