Bruges, Belgium

Brugge, Belgium

Bruges, Belgium Brugge Reviews

Lotus28 Lotus28
BrugesCard May 08, 2011
When you visit Bruges, find a hotel/hostel affiliated with BrugesCard!

They will give you this card for free on arrival, and you can get some discounts at most of the attractions in Bruges town.

Just showing the card at the ticket office, you could get some discounts for the entrance fee.

The places I could get discounts were;

- Groeninge Museum (2Euros discount)

- Bell Tower (2Euros discount)

- De Harve Maan brewery (1Euros discount)

- Boats on the canal (1Euros discount)

I only had 1 day and just walked around the town, so I didn't rent a bicycle but you may get the discount at rental cycle shops as well.

If you are staying at the hostels or hotels that has affiliate with this card, I highly recommend you to take one to get the discount for free!

hdichter hdichter
Jun 28, 2007
It's been a few years since I visited Brugges (back in 2004 and pre-digital camera), but it's a great little town! Just walking around the town is really pretty. It's almost as though there are two town squares in the middle of the city. I think it was the city hall that we took an audio tour of -- it should be just to the left of the old church that supposedly contains a vial of Jesus' blood (which goes on parade in May).

Definitely take the brewery tour in Brugges. You get to go to the rooftop and have an amazing view of the city. And of course the obligatory pint at the end, which always makes it worthwhile.

The town is basically supported by tourism, so shop! There are tons of amazing chocolate shops (not surprising -- this *is* Belgium) and plenty of other types of stores -- lace and beer are the other two I remember. Not only is Belgium famous for beer, it's also a great place to pick up a bottle of gin. There are two main types of gin sold in Belgium, but then there is fruit-flavored gin similar to the way that you can buy fruit-flavored vodka. I recommend the passion fruit gin -- it's amazing!

I'm sorry I can't remember more, but Brugges is just a really cute town that is great to walk around and see, even just in a day. Enjoy!

Related Travel Blogs About Bruges, Belgium

Bruges Musings
  Oh, Brugge...Where do I start?  We immediately fell in love with the charm and character of this little medieval city.  Even after you have visited all of the tourist desti…   Oh, Brugge...Where do I start?  We immediately fell in love with the charm and character of…
To Bruges and Knokke
This week I made some small trips to various towns in Belgium by train. For the budget minded traveller it can be a good idea to plan a trip where you need to change trains in an interesting location…Bruges (Brugge) is the capital of my home province of West-Vlaanderen, and the most popular tourist destination in Belgium
The Bruges Belfry
83m high belfry will be found here in Brugge which is the central part  of the main wing of the 13th century. Bellfries symbolised  the deep human  urge for freedom and democracy. Th… 83m high belfry will be found here in Brugge which is the central part  of the main wing of…

Check Brugge Hotel Deals