Brownstone Cafe

(717) 944-3301

Brownstone Cafe Middletown Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Inexpensive Breakfast eatery Jan 05, 2011
What a cute restaurant that used to be a bank in Middletown. Inside still has the bank teller window, the plaque on the wall, the safe deposit boxes, and the heavy wooden shutters that close at night.

I met my friend Michelle there, whom I have known since second grade, for breakfast. Rick recommended I get the belgian waffle with the fresh strawberries on it. I guess I was not in the mood for a waffle. Michelle and I both got the same, Breakfast special of two eggs, with homefries and onions, and toast. She got bacon, I haven't had scrapple in years, so I ordered the scrapple. I had the wheat toast and apple butter and she got white toast. I tried the coffee there too. I am not a big coffee drinker, but the cup was neat and it was something warm to drink on this chilly winter day.

We talked about our lives, so called married lives, and whatever else and of course reminisced of how life used to be so easy "back in the day".

I recommend anyone passing thru Middletown, Highspire, Harrisburg Airport to check this cute little eatery out.

Check Middletown Hotel Deals