Brownies and Downies

Brownies and Downies - Brownies and Downies

Brownies and Downies Emmen Reviews

Suusj Suusj
Brownies and Downies Feb 17, 2016
Wow! Just wow. I work with people who have intellectual disabilities. So for me they are no different then any other. This place proofs that too a whole lot of people.

Brownies and Downies was found in 2010. Since 2012 they decided to make it a franchise and since then 19 other restaurants have been opened. Their goal is to open up 70 restaurants in total. I would love to see that :D.

The concept is as followed. People with intellectual disabilities like Down syndrome, Williams syndrome or other mental issues like an IQ below average, autism or ADHD. Or any other thing that prevents people from working in a regular workplace work at the restaurant. They are taking orders, serve guests and do other jobs in the restaurant.

The cooking is done by a professional cook and paying the bill is done at a special counter. The overall setting is great. Really modern but also a bit rustic, overall nice.

I ordered a tomatosoup (what else) and my husband had a lovely chicken sandwich. Besides it tasting great service was wonderful. Friendly and nice. Putting up the high chair for our daughter was done in such a sweet manner that I almost ordered a highchair for myself ;).

* My English is like the worst, so if I offend anyone with my writing about autism, Down syndrome or any other thing written above, that is never my intention just shitty English ;) *
Brownies and Downies
Sandwich
Soup
Ils1976 says:
hahaha, don't you worry ... your English is perfect ... great review! :)
Posted on: Feb 27, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
Your English was great Suus and I don't think anybody could find offence to your review.

The concept of this restaurant is wonderful, its good to see people with disabilities getting a fair go like abled bodies people and having a supportive workplace.

Your soup and sandwich look lovely.
Posted on: Feb 25, 2016