Brown Sugar

(02) 250-0103

Brown Sugar Bangkok Reviews

newtampo newtampo
Brown Sugar: The Jazz Boutique Apr 28, 2013
Brown Sugar: The Jazz Boutique is the Jazz Live Bar since 1985. It was located around Lang Soun, was famous and actually still famous. If you like Jazz, if you like live band, you won't be disappointed.

They moved to locate around Phrasumane Road I think years ago. I've just had a chance to get back again last month. Lately not too many people even on Friday night as the economic effect all around the world so we usually see tourists here but there were a few when I was there, the rest of the guests are Thai.

Not only a place to chill out in the night, you can also have a cup of coffee or lunch during day time. In the night you will enjoy the live great bands every day. The atmosphere is nice, I also love the decoration. This new place is bigger than the old one. It also have the outdoor area for smokers or if you want to chill out outside near the canal.

There's also an exhibition area on the second floor so if you're bored of Kaosarn Road and want to chill out with the Jazz not the dance music, here I recommend:)
Brown Sugar, the coffee house area
Brown Sugar, the coffee house area
Me, my friend and our drinks!
newtampo says:
Thanks a lot!:)
Posted on: May 01, 2013
Sajjad_Monti says:
very nice review and photos!:)
Posted on: Apr 29, 2013
LadyAnabelise LadyAnab…
Jazz night at Brown Sugar Mar 25, 2011
I have been to this place many times. I love the music and atmosphere here. It is one of the best jazz pubs in town. It gives you a homey feeling. They have different kinds of Jazz. The food is also good but I feel that the food and drinks are a little bit pricey.
The band on teh stage which is lik…
My tacos
rusellstarbucks rusellst…
Brown Sugar Jul 18, 2010
hahhahhaha... this is a cool place to chill out

look at this reviews from other people that i found in the net:

Where do I go if I want decent / acceptable food (Thai and western... ” in an informal environment and with some live music?" Just me and my wife, or a group of four? Well... Brown Sugar may be the best bet if you are in the Lumpini Park area.

Food is good quality - kitchen has some professional chefs who know what they are up to Staff are attentive. And the music kicks off around 8.30 - 9.00pm. Not too loud as to blow your ear sockets so you can't hear the conversation. After your nosh you can continue to drink and stay and listen and chat up your Doris / smarm your missus a bit / get a pass to watch the footie tomorrow night, without the staff pressuring you to get lost so they can get another seating of customers in.

The bands tend to be more blues and jazz, and the competition for a gig is higher than most "resident bands" that hang out in restaurants. In fact, to say you've played Brown Sugar in Bangkok is seen as a positive, rather than as an embarrassment the budding new group has to put up with when normally playing an eating venue.

If you are tired of sitting in the hotel cocktail bar listening to the "two lasses and their boyfirends ensembles" warbling Mariah Blinking Carey, Robbie Our Saviour Williams, Tina Tired and Worn Out Turner, and the like, then Brown Sugar on Soi Sarasin maybe what you are after.

Don't look like a tramp...

For those into bues / jazz, then this is the place for you.

Live jazz is played daily by local and expat musicians. Food is mostly Thai and is moderate in price (ranging from between THB 80.00 to THB 120.00 per dish)

The best night is Sunday....Why? Because, this is the night when all Jazz musicians, whether local, expat, and even non-musicians that play any kind of instrument(s), get together for a live jam session.

Brown Sugar is another landmark along Sarasin Road (Lang Suan) opened since the early 80's and is still going strong!

Lang Suan in Thai means behind the "Behind the Park". In this case, the park is being referred to the Lumpini Park.

Casual: T-shirt & jeans..

Related Travel Blogs About Brown Sugar

Suits and Brown Sugar
Let me start by apologizing for taking so long to update, but I have a good excuse.  It seems the backlight on my laptop screen is down for the count and so updates from here on in will have to …Brown Sugar.   It’s located on the opposite side Lumpini Park , which is essentially Bangkok ’s answer to Central…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals