Brouwer's Cafe

400 North 35th Street, Seattle, WA, USA - (206) 267-2437

Brouwer's Cafe Seattle Reviews

Gabby27 Gabby27
Brouwer's Cafe: Beer Samplers Heaven! Feb 18, 2010
300 bottles of beer on the wall, 300 bottles of beer...take one down pass it around...OMG we're gonna die!

64 Beers on tap, over 300 bottles, 60 Scotches, full bar AND great food!? Too good to be true?! No folks, this one is for real. The place is huge too, boasting 2 floors of hangin' outness. Even the bathrooms are decorated with style here. The bar is long, and thank goodness to make room for the most beers I've seen on tap in my young drinking years. Unfortunately the kitchen was closed when we arrived so I can't offer a review on the food, but I heard from locals that it is definitely worth tasting. There are a few small televisions around (not befitting to the rest of the old time, Belgian style decor complete with bulky dark wooden tables and romantic pub like chandleliers) that show themed films depending on the night. We went out Sunday, the place was not crowded and we stayed until 1:30am when last call was made. Sad story. I sampled several beers, none of which I remember at the moment...I'll have to refer back to the pictures.

Two out of the three I tried were flavorful with mixes of musk, fruit, and nuts. One...oh boy, I struggle to even write about it's grossness! I tried it for the entertainment to be honest...because when I saw it I was already scared. A deep, thick black liquid sludged from the bottle..."Is this even beer?", I thought. I put the glass to my nose for a bold, but necessary sniff test..."AHHHHH!", I screamed as the nose hairs were burned from inside my nostrils! I won't try it, I can't try it...I try it...and it's awful! Surprisingly full of flavors that because of shock I can not identify. It burnt the hair out of my nose with a sniff and sprouted a few on my chest with a sip! Oh lord I'll never survive this one! The taste was not as harsh as the smell, but because both are experienced at the same time it's overwhelming regardless of this separation. Is it even beer anymore when the alcohol content is 20%!!!!???? Anyhow, it was fun to watch everyone try this one and shocking to see one of our friends actually enjoy the damn thing!

Go to Brouwer's for the fun of it. There are so many things to sample with an ever changing menu. The service was outstanding and the bar tender entertaining. As I was the only female in a group of 4 I spent most of my time talking to him while my BF caught up with his buddies. This is a great place to expand your knowledge and palate.

Check Seattle Hotel Deals