Brothers Deli and Restaurant

283 Derby Street, Salem, MA, USA

Brothers Deli and Restaurant Salem Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
Cheap, Fast (even for big groups) Food Oct 16, 2008
When Margo and I pulled into Salem, we were hungry and had no idea what was good or bad. So in this situation we do what we always do, and pick something that is close and “looks good” Brothers Restaurant and Deli fit the bill. When we walked in the place had the feel of being something of a Salem institution. It felt that it had been there for awhile. I don’t know if that is true, but we did like the food.

Brothers is a cafeteria style restaurant. You grab a tray and get in line. The service was OK. The staff was not talkative, but they didn’t come across as rude. They had plenty of customers, which I would have expected at Noon. But, we got our food in just minutes. Their website says they can get through a busload of tourists in 20 minutes. I believe them.

One of the things that most impressed me about Brothers was their varied menu. The lunch menu had over 30 sandwiches, covering a fair range. They serve breakfast all day long, and the prices were pretty good. Our table clean and the food itself was hot and good. We would come back.
merv14 says:
Thanks for the review. I will have to try that place when I visit the area.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2009