Brooks Hotel Edinburgh

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals

Brooks Hotel Edinburgh Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Totally Worth It Hotel in Edinburgh May 07, 2017
The location might not be optimal but I was still pleased with my selection of The Brooks Hotel. It's not that it's in a bad area of town - not at all. But in the immediate area (within a couple of blocks) there really didn't seem to be too much of interest for me. But I'm totally good with walking so it was not a problem for me at all.

It is a bit of a hike so I'm sure that most travelers would probably want to consider a taxi or bus if they arrived in town at the main train station. I later realized that the Haymarket train station was much closer to the hotel so I used that one on the way out to Inverness.

I was immediately greeted by a friendly employee who checked me in. When I inquired about any nearby laundromats or dry cleaners, I was advised that the hotel would be more than happy to wash them for me. This was perfect for me since the only clean clothes I had remaining were currently being worn by me. So before I even entered my room I was already loving The Brooks Hotel.

The room itself was more than adequate. It was squeaky clean and the bed was comfortable. I had no complaints at all. It could be a little noisy at night when late night drunken pedestrians walked down the street if the window was open but that was easily rectified.

There was a very small elevator available which was nice since I was a few floors up.

Downstairs on the main floor was the dining area, in which I did enjoy breakfast on my last day before leaving. The lounge area was incredibly inviting. Due to being sick with a cold that I could just never seem to get rid of, I did spend more time than I would normally have at the hotel. I think I spent a little time each evening in the lounge either catching up on TB and FB or chatting with other hotel guests. The lounge included an honor bar with a surprisingly good selection of alcohol. And yes, it's not lost on me that the reason I could seemingly never get rid of the cold is probably because I kept drinking too much. As I've said before, no one has ever accused me of being the bright one.

There was an outside patio that was very nice, too. Unfortunately the weather was mostly dismal during my time in Edinburgh so I didn't really get to enjoy much of it.

So, the hotel itself is pretty nice. The staff was absolutely wonderful - all of them. I would not hesitate to stay there again if I needed to.

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals