Brooklyn's Restaurant

Brooklyn's Restaurant - Brooklyn's exterior

Brooklyn's Restaurant New Brighton Reviews

austin37335 austin37…
Nice location but lacking the 'wow' factor Jul 31, 2012
Brooklyn’s is a New York style restaurant that is part of a new development recently constructed in New Brighton. The first thing to note is the location. It has been built on the promenade with fine views past ‘Fort Perch Rock’ and the Mersey River estuary to the Irish Sea. The architect has made the most of this position with large expanses of glass. The decor is rather minimalistic, with basic but colourful blue and white furniture.

The menu has a New York theme with burgers, ribs and seafood featuring heavily, many with New York names such as the ‘Bronx’ and Empire State’ burgers.

I went for traditional English fish, chips and mushy peas and Julie had the Seabass and I have to say both meals were very good. The service was acceptable without being outstanding with reasonable wait times for drinks and food to be delivered. My first choice of beer a ‘Dixie’ lager wasn’t available but I was given a brew from San Francisco instead and it was very good.

The menu is quite pricey for what it is with a typical burger costing around £10.00, as did my fish and chips. The Seabass was £13.00. Beer was £3.40 per bottle. The food was good so I have no complaints about the price but similar quality food can be had locally for less.

We have eaten here on a few occasions now so that in itself is good testimony but it is the location that appeals to us as much as the food. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with this place but without having a discernible ‘wow’ factor it only gets an average rating from us.
Brooklyn's exterior
Brooklyn's interior
Minimalistic decor
The view from the restaurant

Compare Liverpool Hotel Rates (2.9km away)

Brooklyn's Restaurant Map