Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory

1 Water Street, Brooklyn, NY, USA

Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
Try the Hot Fudge! Jun 12, 2005
If ice cream can be worth a half hour commute, then the frozen delights at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory are it. Me, my wife, and daughter started on the Upper West Side and walked over to Central Park to catch the A train, and took that to the High St Station, just across the river. We found an old firehouse that had been converted into not just an ice cream shoppe, but an ice cream manufacturer as well.

As this was a hot June day, the line was to the door. When we got to the front, we had our orders ready. (I really advise looking at the big sign they have over the counter and know what you want in advance. It makes the line move so much quicker) I noticed that the prices were a tad on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for. This establishment is reputed to make the best Hot Fudge in the world. They actually make all of their own ice cream and sauces. So I was anxious to try it for myself, as I love chocolate. They did not disappoint. It was a deep dark chocolate that was not overly sweet, but not even a hint of bitterness. With ice cream in hand, we set back to enjoy them walking back to Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge.

The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory is closed on Mondays and does not accept Credit Cards. They don’t open until noon on the other days. In the summer they close at 10 PM. I think that is because they pretty much run out of ice cream for the day. So don’t wait until the last minute!
The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory Ph…
yadilitta says:
ok, next time in NY this place will be part of my agenda ;)
Posted on: Apr 13, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory

Day Two---Ground Zero and more
Up at 6:30 AM, so we could be on our way to our midtown meeting place for our Walking Tour of lower Manhattan. We were one our way just fine, after eating breakfast at the Key West Diner, next door. … Ice Cream Factory. A review I read said that they have very good Hot Fudge and make their product on the spot. If ice cream can be worth…

Check Brooklyn Hotel Deals