Brooklyn Bridge

New York, New York

Brooklyn Bridge New York Reviews

ys484 ys484
A historic suspension bridge Jan 12, 2016
When I hear the name NYC, I associate it with the picture of Brooklyn Bridge. So when I thought of the idea of traveling to NYC, I soon had set a picture of Brooklyn Bridge as my desktop wallpaper. The wallpaper always inspired me. It seemed impossible for me to see the skyscrapers from the Brooklyn Bridge. But my dream came true. My TB friend Jennifer showed us this old beautiful bridge. Though it was a windy afternoon, I was really moved when we crossed the steel-wire suspension bridge. Recently when I watched the dvd of 'Glee season 5', I saw the scene of Jane's Carousel, the famous merry-go-round at Brooklyn Bridge Park. It was very romantic. So, when you go to Brooklyn Bridge, please don't forget to walk along the riverside.
yur yur
The Famous Bridge Jul 02, 2011
Aaaaahhh the bridge. There are several bridges surrounding NYC but this is one of the oldest and the most popular in the world. The Brooklyn Bridge is a good place to run too. If you are planning to run make sure you go early, early in the morning. A lot of people running too so don't worry. During the day, it's notorious for having thousands of tourists there at the same time. I never really walked the whole bridge from one end to the other end, because that's way too far, although I promised myself I will in the future. The time I visited the bridge was July last year, and it was jampacked with performers and photographers and you can't even walk. But I tried to avoid it the last time I was in NYC. Make sure you take a picture of the Statue of Libery in the background, you'll see Ellis island.

Visiting during the evening is way better. There's less people, and the lights of the skyscrapers are just an amazing view for photos or a romantic stroll. Basically when you go to the bridge expect to see stunning backdrop for your photos.
Tripler16 Tripler16
Sight to see Jul 23, 2011
The Brooklyn Bridge that connects Manhattan and Brooklyn is a great place to go and certainly has sights to see. You can see the bridge while using the train or driving a car, but the best way to see it, is either walking or on a bicycle. There is a pedestrian walkway with observation points on both support beams of the bridge. They tell the story of the bridge and present a great view of the city.

Best part it is totally free and fun to do.

Make sure to budle up because on the bridge it is much cooler then in surrounding areas
maxnyc maxnyc
Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge Mar 20, 2011
Definitely walk across the bridge. You might want to stop for amazing pizza at Grimaldi's and then really good ice cream nearby. Walking back to Manhattan you get amazing views. The BB was the tallest structure in NYC when it was built. Imagine!
Chokk Chokk
Crossing an icon Apr 02, 2010
There were so many things that I wanted to see in New York City and so little time to do it in. One of the things I had to see with my own eyes was the Brooklyn Bridge; even if it was in a low key tourist manner.

I found it amazing that, when the built this icon of a bridge, they hardly could get any people to use it, so they brought in elephants to cross it, in order to show that it was safe. And when you think about what crosses it today!!!

I didn’t spend much time in the southern part of Manhattan and in Brooklyn so when I was going from Long Island to Bleecker Street I asked the cab driver to take me there via Brooklyn Bridge even if it was a mayor detour.

On my short ride over it I tried to suck in as much of the atmosphere as I could and I managed to be amazed about the number of people walking, biking or running cross it.
Crossing Brooklyn Bridge
Beeing on the middle and not jumpi…
world-traveller123 says:
this was one of the best places i was in New York

i walked both ways, all way in to Brooklyn and walked around there and walked back
Posted on: Apr 10, 2011
bkretzer says:
Me too! I was able to build time into my trip to walk across it. I took someone's advise and took the subway to Brooklyn, and then walked back towards Manhattan.
Posted on: Apr 26, 2010
HuBison HuBison
In the mood for a good walk with a nice view? Jun 10, 2010
It looks shorter than it really is, so if you're going to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, be sure you have on good sneakers and water (or other hydration). It's a good stroll on a pretty day and when you get into Brooklyn, you can wander around downtown Brooklyn.

I think there are benches to sit and rest. You can get a good view of the Hudson Harbor on the south side of the bridge and when you look north, you can see the Manhattan and Williamsburg bridges. You might be able to see the Queensboro bridge. How does one remember the order of the 3 lowest bridges? Think BMW-Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg.
Glynnes says:
Try GRIMALDI’S Pizza, Under the Brooklyn Bridge
@ 19 Old Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201

and take a free boat ride from Brooklyn Bridge Park to Governors Island and enjoy the view and the music.

Also check out Battery Park and Pier 17.
Enjoy.

Posted on: Jun 10, 2010
dennisvanweeghel dennisva…
brooklyn bridge New York Aug 03, 2009
The Brooklyn bridge vind je in lower-Manhattan en staat daar al een aardig tijdje. Ik vraag me nog steeds af hoe ze die honderden jaren geleden heb gebouwd zonder een kraan.
wongjst wongjst
Jul 06, 2007
One of the oldest suspension bridges in ths U.S. would be the Brooklyn Bridge which connects the N.Y. City and Brooklyn on top of the East River.

I'm just bumped into the F.D.N.Y. which led us to think that the firemen were there just for relaxing...? Or just in case of another terrisom attack...?

Related Travel Blogs About Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge , wandering around
New York has changed  a little since i was last here . I do  love the place , but i am little out of sorts or just plain grumpy .My usual internet cafe  has dissapeared and last night … New York has changed  a little since i was last here . I do  love the place , but i…
Brooklyn Bridge Park
Als er een nieuw park in de stad geopend wordt ga ik er graag kijken. Ik berichtte vorig jaar onder andere over het Picnic Point Park op Governors Island, en over de Highline. Sinds 22 Maart heeft N…New York er alweer een nieuw park bij. Het Brooklyn Bridge Park . Het park is echter ook nog steeds in aanbouw…

Check New York Hotel Deals