Jan Breydelstraat, Ghent, Belgium - +32 (0)9 225 06 23

Check Ghent Hotel Deals

Brooderie Ghent Reviews

goyourownway goyourow…
Good lunch restaurant with organic products Nov 10, 2012
N51°3'16.3" E3°43'27.8" Opposite the Design Museum in the historic centre of Gent, this lunchroom with terrace offers breakfast, brunch and lunch. Mainly products of organic farming are used. They offer homemade pastries and cakes and daily fresh wholemeal bread. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal and in the front and back room you can enjoy works from artists on the walls. We enjoyed our lunch in May 2012 so much that we returned the next day. Recommended.
davidx davidx
What a find for Ghent Sep 10, 2003
What? a 5 overall rating, when you have to share a bathroom, not only with the other two rooms but with the cafe/restaurant customers???

Yes, I think the other features, particularly of the first room well outweigh this disadvantage. If you can find a hotel in such a good situation - and I did not notice one - you will be sure to pay far more.

The location makes it for me together with the excellent breakfasts. No doubt you can work out some connection between the name and the quality of the bread! It is not only near to the historic Grasslei but to the Castle of the Counts.

Go on - try a change - it's far more of interest than the average 4* hotel. I tried to get another night but they were booked.
Brooderie chimneys
Three towers of Ghent
River junction
Historic waterfront near Brooderie

Related Travel Blogs About Brooderie

In a boat in lightning and thunder
It was an interesting journey to Ghent. There was a small group of youngish women sitting opposite to me, all speaking English to each other. I realised they were not English and it was probably the …Ghent, one of the city's best known postcard views. I continued a short distance from the end of the Korenlei and found the Brooderie

Check Ghent Hotel Deals