Broadway Play

56 East 81st Street, New York, NY, USA

Broadway Play New York Reviews

eminemona eminemona
Avenue Q May 12, 2011
I had wanted to see this play while I was working in the UK but never got a chance to so was thrilled when my sister and I went to see it in New York!

It was definitely funny - definitely had its moments. Not quite what I was expecting it to be in terms of storyline (I don't really know what I was expecting!!)

I definitely enjoyed it though and laughed throughout.

Got tickets for half price at the discount place where the big red stairs are at Times Square. Tickets cost $60 4 rows away from the front. While the theatre was small I found the price reasonable for the closeness of seats.
Transitory Transito…
More on Broadway Plays...for Students May 23, 2009
In addition to the previous review on Broadway plays, if you are a student-I.D. card carrier, and can wake up early enough, you can get STUDENT RUSH tickets.

Just look in a search engine, such as Google or Yahoo, for current Broadway shows, and cross-check if they have STUDENT RUSH tickets. For some shows you just line up in the morning, and try to be among the first 20 or so ppl on line and you can purchase decent seats for less than the usual price. But please double check online, and call the theater to confirm whether they have student rush tix, I certainly don't want you to wait on line only to not get tix!

Also, for some shows, you can ask if they have onstage seating. That was only possible for me for the Bdwy show Spring Awakening. The tix were lke $26 for the best best seats in the house, the performers were dancing right around you. Alas, the show is on its final run, if it hasn't ended yet. Such a fun rock n' roll play :(
Maui Maui
Mar 21, 2006
Just some advice on getting discount Broadway tickets for some shows, UP TO 50% off (plus $3 ticket charge). (I say SOME, because a lot of newer more popular shows are sold at regular price)

Go to TKTS in Duffy Square (next to Times Square). Matinees sell starting at 10 AM while evening shows start selling at 3 PM. Make sure you get there early. Long lines start forming on the weekends usually 1 hour before tickets start selling (that's 9AM if you haven't caught on).

NOTE: They accept CASH ONLY, or traveller's cheques.
TKTS on Duffy Square
BMatital says:
Thanks ;-)
Posted on: Mar 23, 2008
sk8wishart says:
Wow, thanks for all the info, it will certainly help!!!
Posted on: Dec 01, 2007
Maui says:
Hmmm... that's a good question. There was a broadway strike and a lot of shows were cancelled... I think it's over now -
So if shows have resumed, I believe 'tkts' is still around.
Here's some online information about the discount tickets:
Posted on: Dec 01, 2007
Keaton Keaton
Sep 08, 2005
I highly suggest going to see a Broadway Play when you go to New York City. I saw 'The Producers' and it was one amazing play. I've seen so many theater productions, but 'The Producers' had the most amazing set and costumes.

Related Travel Blogs About Broadway Play

King Tut Plays Broadway
When Susan and I booked our Bermuda cruise for Labor Day weekend departure from New York, we knew we'd drive up the day before. What would we do in the city on Saturday evening? Seeing a Broadway mus… When Susan and I booked our Bermuda cruise for Labor Day weekend departure from New York, we knew we'd…
Broadway, vegetarian food, and why I love NYC transit
Early the next morning, to my sleep-muddled delight, someone from Delta Song came by and returned my suitcase. There was no explanation; no security notice tucked between socks and underwear... It wa…Broadway play. Before I go on about this, I must rave about New York's public transportation. Yes, yes, the subway…
ive always wanted to see a true to life new york city play...  last time i was here i was so keen to see it but never happened.. well nothings going to stop me now.  so mike bought tickets …new york city play...  last time i was here i was so keen to see it but never happened.. well nothings going to stop…

Check New York Hotel Deals