British Columbia Forest Museum

2892 Drinkwater Road, Duncan, Canada
(250) 715-1113

British Columbia Forest Museum Duncan Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Bored?? got lots of money?? want to spend it on something completely useless?? Well you found the right place! May 26, 2012
Talk about overrated!

This is a tourist "attraction" (ahem) that I would not recommend even to my enemies.

According to the website, "its origins as a private collection assembled by founder Gerry Wellburn and his family, the BC Forest Discovery Centre has grown to become one of Duncan’s favourite attractions. The museum's collections include over 5,000 artifacts ranging from operational steam locomotives to chainsaws, as well as a dozen heritage buildings".

What it really is, is an expensive semi maintained park with a canteen that sells tea at exhorbitant prices, and a train ride that goes over a bridge and overlooks one of the million lakes in the Pacific Northwest. There is a huge park with vehicles that don't look that old, just a bit dated (need a good dust up). Oh, and there's a convention centre in the middle (who even visits?!)

The only saving grace for us that day was a deer that went hiding btn the trees, and 5 yr old boy went running after it leaving his rather obese mum to chase the lil toddler through the trees. That was hilarious watching the mum huff and puff and pant as she tried to keep up. Oh, and when leaving the receptionist asked me if I'd like the annual membership. That's when I said to myself "I've heard it all!"

But that apart, this was 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. And the next time I feel like throwing away money, I'll save myself the petrol and just flush it down the loo.
The train that took us on the trac…
The, ahemmm "discovery centre"
The highly touted "historic" lake.…
Dr_Seuss says:
LOL :D Say what you think Vikram. At least the mother chasing the kid provided some VFM.
Posted on: Aug 05, 2012
simsing says:
haha....You must be very annoyed here!
For me also, the forest will be much more interesting than a forest museum.
Posted on: Aug 05, 2012
Vikram says:
LOL, was an awful experience!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2012