Britannia on Williams

Britannia on Williams Rates and Deals

Britannia on Williams Perth Reviews

d2amy d2amy
I know I have written one, but I had to keep the old one Mar 23, 2011
Ok, the first review I wrote about this hostel was after I stayed in it for only two nights. After living in it for 2 months and calling it my home I have to say I totally recommend this place, although beware the day staff in the morning because they are shady and lie to you if you've stayed there longer than 2 weeks. I'm not going to get into it, just you've been warned.

I loved it here after my 2 months in Perth. Just leaving this past Wednesday I can't say how much of a family I made while living at Britannia. The location is superb and you can also pick up free wifi from the library, which they don't tell you obviously because they want you to spend lots of money on their own internet. Still, try the free wifi trick.

Most of the staff, Chris, Chris and Dave. Oh and Sexy Patrick, are just lovely little cup cakes that I wish I could have taken home with me. One even drew me a picture when I left. There is a "hostel mom" well sort of, named Aunty Po, and she's a gem, if you get on her good side. She has power to kick people out though, beware of that as well.

My time at this place will never be forgotten. I love it so much and when I finally return to Perth, will definitely stay here. Stay awesome Britannia!
d2amy d2amy
Quiet, but in the middle of the all the action Jan 27, 2011
Although this hostel is pretty much the biggest buzz kill in all of Perth, the location is great and I love staying here because it super close to where I work and I can get an ok nights sleep when I want to.

The biggest issue for me is this place doesn't have any air con, and the way most of the rooms are laid out, at least the ones not facing the front of the building, air flow doesn't come through the rooms making it very difficult to sleep.

The past few nights its has been almost unbearable to sleep, especially since I work until the wee hours of the morning and when I get home all I want to do is fall into bed and sleep happily ever after.

The staff are pretty friendly, although the men more so than the women. A lot of older people stay at this hostel though, it's definitely not a place to party.

No bed bugs though!!!!! :)
matthew matthew
Britannia On Williams Dec 01, 2010
Britannia On Williams

253 Williams St

Northbridge

6003

WA

+61 89227 6000

This is certainly one of the larger hostels I have stayed in, and it is well located in the trendy area of Northbridge. The staff are friendly and very helpful at the 24-hour reception desk, and the prices are amongst the cheapest I have come across in Perth. This time I paid $28 for a 3-bed dorm, but there are far cheaper dorms than that available.

It does seem to lack a social vibe, with the TV room being the only real social area, but etiquette says you should be quiet in there as well as the hard-working long-stay travellers roll in from work and slump in front of their new found favourite TV shows. There is a dining area where people hang out, but given the lack of a bar, it does lack a party vibe, and more people read there than anything else.

The kitchen is cleaned daily and is spacious. There is ample fridge and shelf space, and best of all, respectful travellers from my experiences i.e. you will find your food and drinks as you left them rather than strangely disappearing as you tend to find along the East Coast. The downside is it closes between 11pm and 6am, but I guess that’s why the food is still there.

The bathrooms are ok. Some showers are fully functional, and the toilets sometimes have faults too. It was a year between stays for me, and I noted the same problems still hadn’t been fixed.

Laundry services are available, and there is a huge internet café downstairs. Tour operators are very helpful as well, so don’t be shy in asking for assistance.

Location is excellent with the main bar scene literally being around the corner; the museum and art gallery just down and across the round, and just a five minute walk to the train and bus stations and the CBD.
derekbilldaly derekbil…
It's Quiet Or Maybe Too Quiet Dec 16, 2009
The hostel is located in Northbridge, which is great for the nightlife and for being so close to the city centre a short stroll away. The train and bus routes are all nearby as is the airport bus stop.

The hostel has an internet cafe downstairs which is locked to non-residents in the evenings.

The rooms tend to have one bunk bed too many stuffed in and a distinct lack of air con.

Every time I stayed here, it was always busy. Despite being busy, it is a terrible place to meet fellow travellers as they all tend to stick to themselves. Most people here seemed to be long termers and not bothered by backpackers passing through. (Many people complain about this when travelling through Australia or New Zealand).

In general the staff were quite nice, they generally took the time to get to know us and ask about our plans.

It's a nice hostel but dont come here if you are looking for a party atmosphere or to meet people.

Check Britannia on Williams Rates and Deals