Britannia Sachas Hotel

Britannia Sachas Hotel Rates and Deals

Britannia Sachas Hotel Manchester Reviews

DAO DAO
It Will Do Fine May 03, 2017
If you are looking for a place to sleep with few frills and a great location – look no farther. Sachas Hotel will do nicely. I needed a place to crash for the night so I could attend a local meeting with other Travbuddy members. The best points about my room were that it was relatively cheap, had no windows and was very quiet. My room was an interior room in this large old hotel. I had a steam iron and board, a good fan, a modern bathroom and a good bed. The Ritz it’s not, but it will do just fine if you are going to be drinking lots of alcohol on a night out. This hotel is in the very heart of Manchester. Virtually every restaurant and bar you could possibly wish to visit in Manchester is a short walk away. Ask for a quiet interior room like mine and you will have a nice, quiet sleep.

For the record I stayed in room 329.

DAO’s Verdict:

- Located in the very heart of Manchester

- Cheap if you book ahead

- Indoor pool, gym, 2 restaurants, bar

- Free Wi-Fi in public areas
MrsJ MrsJ
My most unique hotel experience... May 26, 2015
We stayed for one night on the third floor and first impressions of the hotel were not wonderful. However, it is a budget hotel so you know that something's gotta give with the price you pay, right?

The outside gave me a sinking feeling as it was dirty and smelly. Inside, the receptionists were fine, gave me a WIFI password that wouldn't allow me to collect for love nor money, and went to a small but pleasant enough room 2 floors up.

The room itself had no window, but I knew that it wouldn't as it states that on the booking page on the hotel's website, so it would be unfair to say that I wasn't happy with it. The room was basic but the bed was comfortable enough, the telly and kettle worked and we could stick our clothes on a rather ripped armchair. There was a party going on on the ground floor, of which we could here some of the music. However, you could only make out the words to songs if you really listened for them, but I was so tired from my day that I did fall asleep around midnight, a little disappointed that the loud music hadn't finished at 11pm. I did think to myself that I was grateful not to have been on the first floor where guests would certainly have been disturbed by it.

We got up for breakfast the following day and it was a buffet style English breakfast and cereals on offer where you could fill your boots and was certainly pleasant enough, no issues there.

I'd probably stay again as the location was ideal, though not in the warmer months if I were to stay in a windowless room given the other comments on here! But for what I wanted, a weary traveller who needed somewhere to stop for just one night, what you got for your money wasn't to be grumbled at. It's not great, but it's not awful either. Okay at best and that was okay for me.
hippysunshine hippysun…
Get what you pay for Jun 23, 2011
You can get some fab deals for this hotel. I think me and my friend paid £20 for one night each and that was very cheap considering the location.

It is smack back in the centre of Manchesters shopping district (a little rough, there was too druggies hanging outside who started to fight over weed) but apart from that it was a fine location.

Walking distance to shops and bars and even the train station., if you dont mind a bit of a walk.

The hotel was very dated and basic but for what we paid we didn't expect anymore and had a peacful nights sleep after a mad night on the town so can't complain.

Don't plan on staying here if you want fancy rooms and food above 1 star.
stiancf stiancf
worn down but clean and close to main street May 30, 2011
Ok hotel close to main streets of Manchester. The hotel has room service and a night club for its guests. It is clean and friendly but a bit worn down and in need of some freshing up. It has lots of Manchester united supporters there on match days.

Britannia Sachas Hotel Amenities

• Solarium
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels