Britannia Backpackers

Britannia Backpackers Perth Reviews

adventure4ever adventur…
Budget Accommodation Jun 28, 2011
Budget Accommodation

With any budget accommodation there is up sides and down side.

I found when I first came to Perth this was the first place I stayed. At the time this was the cheapest/cleanest place for me to stay I thought.

I did find that it was cheap they do deals for long stay backpackers. One of the great advantages of this backpackers is its location. It is in the heart of Northbridge; the take office to get your TFN if you plan to work in Australia is a 20 second walk. The city center is only a 5 minute walk with the train station being a 4 minute walk.

So a great location could not complain about that.

The rooms were run down in general I stayed in one room where you could climb onto the roof facing the inside. This was not the best room. You want to avoid all rooms that have windows to the court yard as all the smokers who are too lazy to walk outside have thrown their butts outside the wind on the roof which has made a horrible smell come in the window. Yea you could close the window but in the middle of summer at 35 degrees there is no aircon and you have to open them.

The best rooms if you can take the noise are the ones that open up onto the street as the air is better and colder in summer an inside room is not the best it becomes a sauna. As there is no aircon I found myself sweating even at night. I expected this as you get what you pay for.

The kitchen is well stocked with all the tools you would need. Except matches as you will need these to light the gas hobs.

A great benefit is they do have an internet cafe although this is expensive.

They have a court yard but as my mate who came with me said it was like being in a prison yard the walls are 3 meters high with barb wire at the top and cockroaches running around.

Overall as long as you get the right room it is a good place to stay on a budget.

It is not as bad as some, I remember a girl who came by she came to this backpackers each day to use the internet and she said she just had to get away from her backpackers as it made this place look amazing.

Check Perth Hotel Deals