Bristol Cathedral

Bristol, England

Bristol Cathedral Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Stunning Sep 02, 2011
Constructed in the twelfth century, the cathedral sits in a prime location in Bristol. I think it strikes quite a presence in the leafy and green area, and the coloured gorilla statue near the entrance (dotted in prime locations around the city too) is pretty funny too. The cathedral was built in the Norman, Gothic and Gothic Revival styles, but only the latter two styles are mainly obvious to visitors. I thought the Elder Lady Chapel was particularly impressive and the highly decorated style which can be seen just behind the high altar. The colours and decoration are stunning, and I understand that wider areas of the cathedral would have been similarly maintained at an earlier point. Photographs are allowed and near the entrance, they have some helpful outlines of the cathedral to guide you through your visit.
bohemiaworld says:
didnt know about this ! must have a look when im next down there ( my sister lives in bristol ) ..... youve taken some lovely photos too.
Posted on: Oct 13, 2011
goezi says:
I lived in Bristol for a year and love the city. You're right about the great location of the cathedral Vipin. I hope you found the rest of the place as grand.
Posted on: Sep 03, 2011
Vipin says:
wow, that's a bit of a connection there! it'd be pretty nice to graduate there too, esp with the green lawn outside for pics!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Bristol Cathedral

Day 3 - Bristol and Bath
The next day in England was spent in Bristol and Bath. We woke up early and set out to discover Bristol by foot. Taking a map of the city with us, we planned our route to visit cathedrals, parks and …cathedrals, parks and pubs. Our first stop was Bristol Cathedral which was right next to the hotel. When we entered…
Day 2 - Bristol
After Stonehenge we headed towards our first location, Bristol. It was another 1 hour drive and gave us a chance to check out the countryside as we drove through the rolling hills. Once we got to Br…Bristol. St. Stephen’s cathedral was nearby and when we went inside, much to John’s delight…
Bristol
Even if the weather was not motiviting me during winter (cold, wet and dark from 4PM), I decided to go to Bristol for an afternoon, taking the opportunity to travel with friends who were going there …Bristol is in Somerset, a little bit further than Bath (around 30 km). I first went to the Cathedral

Check Bristol Hotel Deals