Brisbane

Australia

Brisbane Reviews

terri_casey terri_ca…
Shoppers Paradise Apr 29, 2013
This city has had mixed reviews from the people that I have met, here is my opinion…

Brisbane is very much a shopping mecca after leaving the small townships of the north. The mall has lots of shops varying in price from designer to reject stores and Target. The staff in the shops are open and friendly as well as being extremely helpful. Unlike Sydney people want to talk to travellers and don’t seem to be so sick of us, yet.

The streets are easy to negotiate and you can walk to most places. There is a free red ferry that will take you across the river where you can wander through the free art gallery or chill out by the manmade city beach. Other modes of transport – buses and trains in particular – are rather pricey and only single journeys are available. Had I been in Brisbane longer I would have made use of the Go Card similar to England’s oyster card system. A free bus is also available doing a loop to the city from Springhill. I didn’t get around to using to this but I assume it is similar to the 555 in Sydney.

In Chinatown there are many “backpacker’ bars providing live music and trivia quizzes almost nightly and there is a good vibe with a mix of locals. There is always something to do in Brisbane.
Australia Map