Brisbane City Backpackers

Brisbane City Backpackers Rates and Deals

Brisbane City Backpackers Brisbane, Queensland Reviews

SteveRST SteveRST
A great place to spend a few nights.... or a few months! Mar 30, 2011
'Brisbane City Backpackers' is located on Upper Roma Street, just 5 minutes walk from the Roma Street Transit Centre. The Transit Centre is where many a weary backpacker will find themselves after getting off yet another Greyhound bus. There are 4 or 5 hostels on Upper Roma Street, all in a row - So why choose City Backpackers? I initially chose it for several reasons; good value (especially in the 30 bed mega-dorm - more on this later!), huge cinema room with free movies, swimming pool, really clean kitchen & dorm rooms and free internet.

I ended up staying in City Backpackers for 3 months! After the first week of staying in a standard 8-person dorm, I moved in to 'the dungeon' - a mega 30-bed dorm. The price was really good! You do get used to the constant noise, the smells, and you are guaranteed to be woken up nightly by someone coming back drunk, getting lucky, being sick... or maybe doing all 3, in any order!

The free internet computers are really useful. The swimming pool seemed like a good idea, but in 3 months I never went in it once.

The hostel bar seemed like a good idea, and I was in there every night for the first month or so, but after a while my wallet was feeling it! The hostel does not allow you to drink in your dorms, or bring in your own alcohol (they are very strict on this!) so you can find yourself spending too much money in the bar.

Public areas, kitchen, dorm rooms are very clean. Bathrooms are cleaned 3 times per day I think.

The cinema room is really good, with 5 movies shown every day.

To summarise, I enjoyed my time there, and would recommend it. I'd even recommend the 30-bed 'dungeon' dorm room!

Check Brisbane City Backpackers Rates and Deals