Brisa Marina

928 51 72 06

Brisa Marina Lanzarote Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Fish Restaurant with views over the sea Jun 20, 2008
Two days ago I gave a conference about Travel 2.0 in Lanzarote and I was invited to have lunch with people from “la Cámara de Comercio de Lanzarote”. They took me to Playa Blanca where I had the most amazing lunch in a looooong time. I love fish and we were right in the perfect spot. But the best was that Antonio was an excellent guide, he knew everthing you need about food in Lanzarote.

We started with an awesome apetizer. He ordered limpets, morena fish and “gofio” (pate de maíz a las finas hierbas), that is the way he likes to describe it! It is mashed corn mixed with fish soup. Hahah he was fun as hell! For mains we had fish but before we ordered it he taught us many things about it. Fishes come from fish farms, rock or high seas. By the size of the fish we had, he told us it was from high seas, and also because of its shape. Damn he knew so much! Before they cooked it they came to show it to us. It was huuuuuge! I had never eaten such a big fish. Then he gaves us three rules to make sure a fish is fresh. First rule- eyes have to be transparent, if they are opaque, it is not fresh. Second rule – touch it, it has to be quite consistent. Third rule – look at the gills. They have to be pinky, if they are dark, it is not fresh.

For wine we had a Bermejo which he told us was the best option for the fish. We had two bottles of wine among 4 people, so I just lost track of time and I almost missed my plane again! The location was excellent, as we had the best views over the sea and from there you could see Fuerteventura. And also the service, the waiter was very friendly and explained everything to us. The perfect food experience in Lanzarote! By the way, food for 4 people came up to be 126 euros, which is an amazing price considering everything we had.

Check Lanzarote Hotel Deals